Wow's current REAL issue and why some people are probably unhappy

That is perfect for supporting my reply you are a star :star2:

Thanks

Not everyone has a medical condition. Rants are boring I find especially rants based on assumptions. Good job on both.

Keep going you are the epitome of what we are talking about :clown_face:

100% not how ADHD works, so im pressing doubt on that statement.
If you have no attention to this thread or the conversation why are you still here and how you mustered the answers?

1 Like

I agree. Back in the day no one complained, and the forums were a model of cooperation. Feedback was offered constructively, and we politely encouraged devs to make reasonable and consistent changes.

But now? Today? Gamers complain about everything. That’s never happened in the history of gaming, and all you have to do to verify it is use the Way Back Machine or just google screenshots from 2005 wow forums.

You can see the amazing tolerance and cooperation. We lost that somewhere along the way. Back then I literally pooped rainbows, as did most horde players.

2 Likes

Says they don’t understand how things work, so doubts it. You and OP and that poster have a lot in common.

Last I looked people with medical conditions could join in with society - or have they taken to locking us away again.

Lol pve players didnt do this.
Blizzard did this.

1 Like

Another person who obviously read my post IN FULL. Instead of just reading bits and pieces then commenting. I salute you sir

Ugh it’s the internet, so take things at face value I couldn’t careless about what you say you have because you can’t prove it due to internet anonimity.

You are just another Jonny won’t post from my main, so stop making excuses and if you choose to part take in a discussion have the decency to listen before blabbering on.

Snowflake…

agree that bliz has broken the core gameplay loop that provided the addictive dopamine spurts for most players

hardly anything is the same in this iteration of wow compared to MoP and previous, even WoD was very different.

you can say certain activities existed but that isn’t the difference, the difference is in the overall progression systems and rewards. The amount of time per reward and how much it delivers in dopamine. The ruined dopamine that comes from countless systems intended to stretch out the power grinds. The roll backs from quality of life features by requiring new grinds (sometimes colossal) or devaluing them in power. The rental systems that have nobody progressing past our status at level 100 anymore. The pruning so they could make us regrind our own abilities from the rental systems every xpac now. The new feeling of ‘is this even worth it’ that seems to pop up with every grind that will be thrown away for the next tier patch or xpac.

There have been massive changes to the wow design that have had incredible impact on the core gameplay loop and has resulted in massive sub losses (til classic saved some).

It appears to be an intentional gradual transition to a more friction filled F2P eventuality mixed with corporate greed to do anything to get more /timeplayed out of anyone who hangs on for more gold purchases and cash shop buys.

2 Likes

What is it you want exactly ? You make an assumption that because I do ‘x’, it proves the entire playerbase is like this. I take responsibility for my actions and you dismiss that because it doesn’t fit your view of reality.

Have you ever considered maybe your view of reality is wrong ?

You payed an awful lot of attention now to this thread by your standards haven’t you?

Maybe my view can indeed be wrong but my mind won’t be changed by someone who doesn’t even to read a topic he chooses to part take in.

It’s just social etiquette. Nothing to do with any “supposed” disability.

Alright, please point out what expansions before Legion locked multiple layers of character progression and power besides gear behind daily grinds?

1 Like

I think you’re largely confusing the word grinding with flying around and doing nothing. No one has issues grinding tons of mobs for a specific objective, unless it’s something that ends up completely useless, like the legion artifacts. The game sucks because there’s no casualcore part of it left. It’s either 100% casual or 100% hardcore. We made up a huge part of the playerbase (look at classic subs) and we were kinda phased out.

Do you actually know what it is you want? To flame and troll me, to insult me, all because I claimed you were wrong?

Anyway, I seriously doubt you should be preaching to others about ‘social etiquette’.

1 Like

Okay cool. If it isn’t WoW that has changed, explain why I enjoy questing in retail more than classic. Explain why I avoid dungeons like the plague in retail but enjoy them in classic. Explain why I prefer the community in classic.

You see why this was a bad take, right?

Dude, the grinds we are grinding today are NOTHING like they were in previous versions of the game, plus a lot of the grinds are mandatory, unlike in the past.

1 Like

I would think it’s obvious I just wanted an articulate reply since I bothered to post one instead of “no lolz! ADHD!”

I see now that it’s futile since you still never mustered a proper reply to either me or the OP.

You right though I’m done with you. Have a good day.

Well said! Many gamers now want everything handed to them, they want to treat an mmorpg like Fortnite with just a bunch of instant gratification. They want everything account-wide and don’t want to work for much. They want to log in, do whatever content they want to do, and then log out. They don’t want to actually put forth the effort with character progression to do the max level content that they want to play.

2 Likes

What he said! But MMOs don’t work like that, all they will accomplish by spreading all this hate for the game it’s drive away any potential new comers and it will eventually shot down, then there won’t even be forums for them to hate on.