Wowhead Amirdrassil Preview 10.2.5

Word is that a major update of all of the old zones of Azeroth is underway possibly intime for the 20th anniversary. It might be that Wow 2.0 isn’t a new game but a refresh of the current one.

2 Likes

Bel’ameth itself looks pretty incomplete, for example Jarod and the Wardens are present but not Maiev, none of the named ancients seem to be around and I’m guessing there will be more Teldrassil spirits added as wisps.

Considering Ferryn is in Amirdrassil, Delaryn would probably move there.

2 Likes

I want to believe the zone will be updated during several patches. With more things and NPCs added along the way. Sorta like we say during Hyjal questing.

As many said, big cities start as small villages. So firgers crossed we get to help it grow into a bigger and better Darnassus.

The island is absolutely covered in Ancients. I wish there were ancients of the arcane around the Shen’dralar areas though.

2 Likes

Does it have an auction house though? No city is ever complete without one.

1 Like

Wowhead did say that their preview was a work in progress on the PTR. So it might not have one now, but could gain one as Amirdrassil is further developed and before it goes live.

1 Like

Zerde, I expect an apology. The raw truth of that line was so amusing, it distracted me and got my rogue killed.

(note for those who don’t speak sarcasm, no actual apology is needed)

2 Likes

You were on a rogue, you were meant to die.

3 Likes

Fair point, sir.

1 Like

Delaryn was at least involved in establishing the Moonwell on Amirdrassil, and did have a “Stay and listen” with Ferryn’s Wisp during the banquet party after.

2 Likes

I saw that and thought it was rather neat.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s going to probably just be a neutral hub, which makes sense as it’s not really set up to be a capital city, just a village area:

Some details about Horde players in Bel’ameth.

The inn and flight path can be used by Horde players.
Horde players can purchase, wear and transmog the new Darnassian shoulders, tabard, and cloak.
All NPCs are friendly except for Maelir, who will summon a guard to attack.

I’m guessing this means Gilneas will probably be neutral as well.

I’ll never understand why they doubled down on Delaryn siding with her abusers. Like it’s soo bad lol

6 Likes

Gods I hope not. If they do, than blizz needs to go back and make capital city neutral for alliance players

1 Like

My guess is that from now on whenever they do a revamp it’s just going to be neutral, like in Midnight Silvermoon might be a neutral hub too so they don’t feel like they are “wasting” time on a revamp for part of the playerbase.

2 Likes

I suppose that makes sense in that regard. Makes the use of assets easier

1 Like

Yeah, Silvermoon in Midnight will probably be a neutral city… so… And honestly, we’re like two steps removed from every city being neutral outside of warmode. Considering we can already share guilds, it’s only a matter of time.

2 Likes

It’s inevitable that each Continent on each Supercontinent will become their own Expansion and the primary City of each Continent becomes Neutral!

Supercontinent Eastern Kingdoms has the Continents of Quel’Thalas(Silvermoon is it’s City), Lordaeron(Capital City is it’s City), Khaz Modan(Ironforge is it’s City) and Azeroth(Stormwind is it’s City).

Kalimdor has the Continents of Northern Kalimdor(Moonglade is basically it’s City), Central Kalimdor(Orgrimmar is it’s City as Thunder Bluff isn’t even as City-like as Highmountain’s City) and Southern Kalimdor(either Gadgetzan or Dire Maul will be it’s City).

The Veiled Sea at the moment has Azuremyst Isle(where the Draenei City is), Bloodmyst Isle, Ruins of Teldrassil and Seething Shore.

I’m not mad or anything about it. If they can make it make sense cool, if not? I’ll still be enjoying having gilneas back :blush:

1 Like

Maybe it will be like Darkshore, having a phase thats alliance only and a phase thats for both factions for the content stuff.

1 Like