Wowhead Amirdrassil Preview 10.2.5

Seeing what Amirdrassil is becoming is low-key making me envious.

WoW has come a long way in designing cities.
Kul Tiras and Zuldazar (issues aside) are often lauded for their design, the flavor and visuals baked into it. And Amirdrassil seems to be created with a similar design intent.

It makes the existing capitals feel extremely aged.

It’s also caused a resurgence of bitterness in me towards how the Forsaken were treated from BfA-onwards, but that’s a venting for another time.

3 Likes

Not sure on the numbers, but Darkfallen Night Elves are in the Horde. There’s Delaryn and the Dark Ranger NPC have the undead night elf variant as an option, for areas like the Ruins of Lordaeron.

Looks like we’re getting a updated tabard and a beautiful cloak to go with it.

2 Likes

I have to say, I’m quite happy with this. I hope we see it continued to be updated throughout the Worldsoul Saga so we can see it evolve into a bustling city.

I do hope that the Mage Tower in Stormwind gets a portal to here, I think that’s important. I also hope I get a Mage Teleport/Portal here. It’s such a minor thing but I feel it’s important to stress the importance of this new capital to the playerbase.

I believe the Ruins of Lordaeron, and eventually the Undercity, as well as Bel’ameth need to eventually have all the features of a city. Flight paths, traditional transport via ships/zepplins, auction house, innkeeper etc etc.

6 Likes

There’s a new row of portals in the Mage Tower in Stormwind leading to Bel’ameth.

1 Like

Imagine Stormwind and Orgrimmar with updated Human/Orc aesthetics from the Stromgarde Warfront? Both bases in the Warfront were beautiful and I one day hope to see every capital updated.

4 Likes

I know they opened up the upstairs, but have they added a portal to Bel’ameth?

yes so far the only one there as the entire new section is empty.

1 Like

Idk, all of this for amirdrassil, and with the retaking of gilneas and the renewal of the undercity…

It seems to me a worldwide update is a reality, just not at once, incremental, in patches.

7 Likes

Just went and checked it out. Nice touch. Hopefully they do the same with the Ruins of Lordaeron or visually update and bring back the Undercity. Excited to see what they do with Gilneas now.

5 Likes

more like “were” in the Horde, considering Delaryn (and other darkfallen nelves) is now camped at Amirdrassil… although possibly it’s a neutral place for all night elves, unlikely though. I imagine some darkfallen night elves are still with the Forsaken anyway.

2 Likes

Delaryn is up in the air. she isnt in Lordaeron city anymore, but she also isn’t in Amirdrassil so far. That said, I think she will end up as the leader of the misfits tower, tasked with making sure they do not get out of hand and cause issues for the rest of the isle.

1 Like

If there isnt a mage and druid portal there, I’m going to be rather disappointed.

2 Likes

I could see it as a more neutral place if forsaken loyalists like Delaryn are there as well. But there were some Darkfallen that went back to help the night elves in 9.2.5 after they had the chance, then there were some like Delaryn who chose to serve the forsaken. Summermoon is still just a loyal servant for Lilias in 10.2.

On the PTR it is interesting actually…because Delaryn was removed from Lordaeron. But she isnt in Bel’ameth either.

1 Like

Adding to Dinral and Nightlighter’s confirmations earlier, posters shared a screenshot of it in another thread:

4 Likes

That is interesting. I kind of wonder if she’s not seen because there’s going to be a surprise quest with her. Like she could be say in Darkshore, where she died, and were sent to help her reflect on things as she decides to either remain with the Darkfallen in the Horde or rejoin the night elves in the Alliance.

1 Like

Are there any ancients wandering around?

We have all types. Ancient of War, Lore, Wind, Protectors and of course Treants walking around the zone.

3 Likes

It’s good to hear that the big lumbering sentient tree’s haven’t been forgotten.

3 Likes