Wow51900328

My sub is up in 4 days

if this isnt fixed by then i wont be resubbing

LOL to make a damn ticket it’s so stupidly over-complicated now

what in the hell blizzard

damn dude

I gave up on making a ticket, it is eaiser to do in game :slight_smile: (well… if you can get in…)

i cant get into the game to make a ticket… that’s the whole problem lol

WOW51900328

is the bane of me right now

i havent tried logging into retail tho

same crap on retail

im done trying for the night, sigh.

just wanted to come home and play some classic.

good stuff, blizz. Appreciate it!

OS’ impacted so far:
Various distro’s of linux (large community of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS users)
Windows 10
Some MAC OS users

Linux users find ways to change their TTL from 64 to 128 in case the upstream provider is filtering by passive OS fingerprinting
to find malicious packets (packets with abnormal TTL so far has been one of the big trigger points)

Most linux distro’s right now and some windows 10 builds seem to be defaulting to 64 (less than that can be considered an old OS)
128 is the default for most Windows 10 builds

Work around(s)

1. Change your OS TTL to 128 (or some value that works for you)

For Windows OS open up an administrator CMD prompt
type this into the big black command window: netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=129

For Linux distro’s use a search engine and figure out how to do it for your specific distro but what worlks for some is:
echo 128 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl
or
sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128
but to make it last on reboot you have to add this to your /etc/sysctl.conf file (where ever it lives/exists)
net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128

1. VPN
  2. IPV6 when available (may require extra router setup)

Some end users report linux routers or NAT firewalls may require adjusting of the TTL in the case where TTL is changed by the router actively (or passively)

1. Change your IP address (blacklisted) when passing through some ISP hand over connections (router to router)

In case of an IP address blacklisted
-Release your IP from the ISP (normally through your router)
-Change the mac address (on your router or device in front of your ISP device [sometimes these are combined all in 1])
-Make sure you save the change
-Renew the IP (on the device where you released it)

you may have to reboot a DSL/Cable or FTTH/FTTP modem to free the IP from the hardware provisioning server.

If none of the above work try a game scan/repair just to be safe.
Try classic instead of retail (faster, smaller, less BS caching)

DO try your account on another windows machine just to see if it will get in (maybe you have a black list on the account?)

Regards

2 Likes

Your first suggestion worked for me! Thank you! ^^

Been trying to log on for 2 or 3 days now, nothings working for me.

Im getting this message everytime i try to log in. This is what was happening to me during the DDOS attack. I haven’t been able to log in since they ended.

I’ve been having the same issue. Someone suggested they might have inadvertently blocked IPs they shouldn’t have. I tested that theory by connecting via my VPN, using a US server. I can sign in fine via the VPN but, if I disable it, I get the same error as the rest of you.

Experiencing the same issues WOW51900328 trying to connect via cellphone tether worked fine on Sunday afternoon but I have been unable to get past the server selection screen since then. Blizzard Support friends any suggestions?
EDIT: I am able to login to Oceanic servers fine; this error only occurs when attempting to login to the United States server list.

1 Like

Linux user here. This let me hop right in. THANK YOU for reposting!

This is going in /etc/sysctl.conf so I don’t have to remember about it anymore

net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl = 128

1 Like

For me cannot login to oceanic but normal for us server

Type this in CMD : netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=129

3 Likes

After the resets this morning, I am still unable to get passed this error. Please fix your filters so that people that use linux or have untangle aren’t blocked from playing. Thanks!

2 Likes

Getting the same issue. Just keeping kicking me off the server every once a while…

Still can’t get in. Windows user. Start ISP.

Sweet mother of god what is going on. Same here - day f^&^%ing 3.

The steps for Windows 10 OS user worked for me! Thank you so much!

I formatted my computer and reinstalled the game after going through this post. However I still get the same error code