WoW won't update

Removing the addons folder did not solve the problem for me. Still getting the BLZBNTAGT00000841 / admin permissions error when trying to execute the Update,

This worked for me

Agent wants to make changes and then “please try again after logging on as administrator”
I can still launch and play Wow without the app. I read there was a patch last night(build 41031). can’t even update to that.

When can we expect game time credits for not having a playable game? Yes I know it is a minuscule amount of money, I am sick of this terrible MacOS support. If you aren’t going to actually test/support it just don’t bother doing it anymore.

7 Likes

So Blizzard’s response is literally “learn to code”?

1 Like

I stupidly renewed my subscription yesterday because my prior subscription had expired a couple of days ago. Paid $77+ and haven’t been able to play since!

2 Likes

Still going on this morning? 3 windows machines in the house are just fine… My mac, nope! Going on 24 hours…

2 Likes

As a couple of others mentioned above, last night I just removed the World of Warcraft folder from my /Applications, let Battle.net reinstall the retail, TBC and Vanilla clients, then moved my Interface and WTF folders back over. Everything has worked fine since. PITA fix, but it worked.

Extra PITA for those of us in the middle of nowhere that still are not on respectable connections… It’s a LONG download at 50mbs

1 Like

UPDATE: I got it to work but have no clue what the hell I did to get it to work. I just let it stop bouncing (the icon), clicked on the icon again and now it works. So now I can redownload my addons

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the lack of updates. We haven’t heard much back from the teams so there isn’t any new information that we can share. We’ll certainly check on this again to see how progress is going and update when we have new information.

3 Likes

So is this a y’all issue or is this a mac issue because Im starting to get pissed off. Will we be getting refunded for the game time we have lost because at this point its looking like this won’t be fixed for months and I don’t have the money to get a replacement laptop just to play WoW. My issue is not that it just stays on update. My issue is that anytime I hit the play button on btag or even try to launch WoW manually the icon just bounces and says Application not Responding. I can’t even use the code that people have been posting that doesnt fix it nothing fixes this. I have tried to reinstall wow and guess what that doesnt work. I have tried to reinstall bnet. Guess what? That doesn’t work. So is this a MAC issues or a BLIZZARD issue.

4 Likes

I have to do a full reinstall of the client and game. Saved my addons and wtf folders first and added them back in. It worked now.

Just want to report the same issue also running 12.0.1. As a Linux Admin by trade, running chmod 777 is so cringe.

2 Likes

This is what I have to do to get the “Update” button go back to “Play”.

I move my Addons folder into my Trash (DONT EMPTY IT)
I can now hit “Play” when I launch Battle.net.
I load up WoW TBC. Then exit it, but keep Battle.net open.
Move my Addon folder back where it was (Interface folder).
Then launch WoW TBC again.

If I exit out of WoW and Battle.net I have to redo that all over. It’s the only thing I’ve found to work consistently. Otherwise, it just stays on "Update.
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Right? /10characters

Just going to put this out there, I am extremely irritated that I had to go through a bunch of tech support instructions that led me to believe the problem was on my end. As soon as blizzard has a known issue, they could respect everyones time by posting a technical announcement in the blizzard app. You know, something like “we are aware if this and are working to fix it” . Seriously wasted a bunch of time trying to resolve something that isn’t possible to fix on my end. Let us know. It had been well identified as an issue prior to me experiencing it, just post it on the launcher.

10 Likes

OK Blizz, we were all cool yesterday but it’s now been over 24hrs since we can play WoW games normally thru Battle Net. Now I’m super frustrated with you. How about a word on it or an ETA? “We haven’t heard much back from the team” seriously?

6 Likes

I posted a detailed fix and blizzard deleted it, creepy. Sorry guys, you are on your own.

2 Likes

I saw that! I am in the middle of trying what you advised, then poof! OMG