WoW won't update

Yes, and it’s driving me nuts.

Edit: I’m on an iMac 3.4GHz Quad Core i5. Monterey 12.0.1

Gives me the “you’re not the administrator”. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall - but since apparently, I’m not the administrator, it won’t do it. I’ve given all the permissions, gone through all the hoops - pretty disappointing for sure.

1 Like

Same problem - my sons Mac gets the admin error and although I was able to log on earlier on my Mac I can’t now and get an error saying “Opps something went wrong” …00000BBB
We have tried the restart, delete, reinstall, update any possible drivers, etc…

1 Like

Looks like Blizz posted a battle.net app desktop app update a few minutes ago. I let it update, but the issue is still occurring. tried on two computers.

1 Like

same on Mac OS 11.6 Was playing in TBC_classic this morning so this is all on blizzard to fix. Guess I’ll have new toon names wherever I end up in future…

I get the update failure too. It is preceded by a popup saying “Agent want’s to make a change” that asks for my password. It doesn’t help.

4 Likes

So I haven’t been able to log into WoW all day. I just updated my laptop to the new operating system for mac. I have a 2015 Mac Book Pro with Retina Display. I have never had this problem before with any operation system update. However, today whenever I try to log into WoW I doesn’t even take me to the login screen it just says “Application not Responding” I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, I have tried reinstalling bnet, I have tried restarting my computer and nothing has been working. Does anyone know if this is a blizzard issue or a Mac issue because Im considering reinstalling Big Sur just so I can play WoW.

2 Likes

Just adding myself here to keep updated. I’m running a mac, latest iOS update and I was playing wow not even two days ago and now I can’t update.
Admin prompt won’t allow me.

I have checked and I AM admin on my macbook.
Not sure what else is wrong.

2 Likes

Ditto on this - was on last night, cannot log on today, through launcher, nor through classic application itself directly. Launcher has agent / administrator error (despite providing the correct password). The application does not recognize my account/password directly - “We couldn’t verify your account with that information. WOW51900314”

And used the same username/password to log onto here to file this report. Nice.

OS11.5.2

The sudo command didn’t fix the launcher issue for me. But I can now run the game manually. Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.1.

When I first run the Bnet launcher there’s a pop-up to enter the admin password, which I do. The launcher starts “Initializing”, then the button reverts to “Update” and I get the error that everyone else is reporting to login as admin. 2019 iMac. Problem started mid-day 11/11/2021 EST.

This is getting ridiculous…

2 Likes

Seems our Window brothers are having issues as well, I know it will get fixed asap my concern is that Mac users will get hit with another bad code translation since its an intel game 1st =(

hopefully the work around for us Mac users is the ability to use the WOW app , noticed we cant use it anymore

1 Like

well i’ve tried everything suggested and then some with no success so that’s it for tonight. Hopefully someone at blizzard will round up some solution by tomorrow since I can’t access anything at all. For the record - Mac OS 12.0.1 I’m the admin - even added “administrators” to read/write access on pertinent folders even though my admin account is showing having that access. Tried deleting and reinstalling battle.net desktop app. Tried creating new WoW application folder.

Ball’s in your court blizz.

1 Like

Same for me and Just adding myself here to keep updated. I’m running a mac, latest iOS update and I was playing wow fine early this morning. Now I can’t update because of Admin prompt. I am Admin; I tried changing my Admin password, rebooting, deleted all addons and even reinstalled everything…still same problem.

10.14.6. All my games (WoW, WoW Classic, D3, and StarCraft) are failing to update. Scan and repair won’t run either. Agent prompts for admin password then nothing.

I took advice from a poster above and had to uninstall WoW and ensure I moved the wow folder in applications to the trash - then it worked and I could install.

The performance however, while playable, is not as good as before the patch. I am noticing that it is stilted and my FPS has reduced. I had to reduce all my settings - and while it improved the FPS modestly, it is not as good as before the patch.

I also get a 500 error when attempting to log into my account. Do I now have to spend hours on the phone to get my subscription canceled? Has it come to this? I would not recommend this product to anybody in its current state.

• Removing the addons folder from /interface allows the “Update” to be installed.
  • Moving the addons folder back to /interface makes battle.net want to install the “Update” again
    — This error has absolutely nothing to do with administrator permissions. It’s a false flag.
    Something about the battle.net launcher is checking the addons folder and determining whether or not an update is required based on what it finds there.

Am getting this error message

BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

can’t update either mac OS Big Sur

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

Running 11.6 here. It asks for my admin password, which it normally NEVER does. If I give one, it starts initializing, but never starts to patch, and eventually times out. ‘Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.’

3 Likes

Had trouble with it last night. did the reboot. tried all morning. came on this thread. 15 minutes after reading this thread, it started working. it is now up to date. and I can play. so. it appears fixed now. at least for me. I did the chmod 777 earlier but didn’t help.