WoW won't update

tact::ClientHandler::Create failed: E_STORAGE_INIT

[20211111T14:53:29] {1575123} WRN: failed to open shared memory file ‘/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/data//shmem’, error 13 (Permission denied)

Bump. Exact same issue. No trouble shooting has fixed it for me.

1 Like

Same here. 2018 Mac. Current OS wow will not update. Getting “Log in as admin” error message.

1 Like

I just finished a chat session with tech support because some games are updating and others give this error. In the middle of ripping and replacing files the installer hung. The rep got word from higher support and gave me the direct link to this thread. They are aware of this thread and looking into this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know.

So they are sending level 60 paladins that started late enough to require alt characters in their names to the forums to make their announcements now? Real confidence inspiring…

Thanks for letting us know, don’t know why they don’t just post on here they are aware, frustrating dealing with blizzard.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the reports. We started seeing quite a few of these starting from a few hours ago and have since reported it to the dev teams. I don’t have much of an update aside from it being looked into.

For now we’d like to get a bit more data and know what MacOS version is running for those experiencing this issue.

Once we have any updates we’ll likely post on this thread and consolidate any other posts here.

2 Likes

Having the same issue, also on a Mac. I’ve seen a couple respond already saying they’re on Mac but is anyone here playing on Windows? Just trying to see if they broke something on the Mac side of things or if it’s across all platforms.

Also, we’ve started this thread in the actual Desktop App Tech Support forum if people could respond there as well. I’m not sure what they check more often.

Edit: Just saw the Blue post above me. I’m running Big Sur 11.6.1

This fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Yup, happening to me now that I am home and it Agent keeps asking for permissions (but still doesn’t fix). Come on Blizz, check into this please!

1 Like

12.0.1 Monterey

12.0.1 Monterey

Same issues for me too

System Version: macOS 11.6 (20G165)
Kernel Version: Darwin 20.6.0

Thanks. I’ll take a look at it shortly. It can also affect Windows so it’s not Mac specific. Getting the OS version should help us narrow it down a bit at least.

Going to quote this here as well. We generally don’t have users use the chmod via normal support, but we’ve also confirmed this can work as a workaround for now.

Edit: The sudo command may not work for everyone. If it does not please leave you MacOS version.

1 Like

Same problem here starting ±130pm EST on 11/11/21

iMac 2019
macOS Monterey 12.0.1

1 Like

Same thing happening here as well. The activity monitor shows that the BN agent is not responding to the update request. Running OS Monterey 12.0.1

1 Like

This did not work for me on 11.6

Changing the file permissions does not fix it for everyone.