WoW won't update

having same issue. work around working for me at the moment is open up battle net, it fails obviously, then try opening manually with the warcraft application, that fails too, but it got rid of the update issue with battlenet, which allowed it to open the game

This is the way! Thank you for making this!

I have tried everything that people have listed to try and help and nothing has worked for me. Still getting the same error. (Need to be administrator to download update)
Ive played since vanilla Beta and nothing has ever happened to me like this before. Beyond pissed.

Same problem as others tried suggested fixes to no avail day 3 and no WoW :frowning:
OS 10.15.2

Big Sur 11.6.1
I just purchased a 6 month sub and was so excited to play. Really hope this gets fixed soon. I’m sad. Please fix <3

1 Like

Catalina 10.15.7
Late 2015 iMac
same ‘Agent’ permission issue persists

As an apology for lost time/effort/progress a nice present to the affected could be a free lvl60 Boost on a character :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

I fixed that.

First, uninstall WarCraftIII, quit Battle.net app and open Activity Monitor quit Agent.app

Second, go to HD/User/Shared/Battle.net/Setup delete all wow folder(e.g. wow_2…etc).

Then go to HD/User/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.7531 delete all folder (e.g. Log, Error) and open Agent.app in this folder.

Now, open your Battle.netand you can update your WoW.

BTW, IF YOUR IP ADDRESS NOT IN THE USA(CAN’T UPDATE). USE VPN AND CONNECT TO THE USA. I DON’T KNOW WHY, BUT I HAVE THIS ISSUES.

MBP Mid 2015
MacOS:12.0.1

Sorry, my English is still learning, but I believe everyone can understand it. If there is an English teacher who can help me correct the wrong grammar, please don’t be stingy, thank you.

1 Like

tried all the suggestions on this thread and somehow am in a worse spot…changing permissions through terminal didn’t work, still ran into the “log in as an admin” error. (tried chmod and chown, neither helped.)

moving directories and breaking file path also didn’t work.

uninstalling the game didn’t work, and now i can’t install at all.

mac 11.6 big sur

1 Like

The good news is if you do reinstall the game and get it to work again, you’ll get to enjoy the nostalgia lag - I have been getting 20FPS in some areas. It’s quite something.

Third day of continued battle.net failure - iMac running Monterey. Login as admin error

Same here. Been trying various workarounds people have posted, including launching the older of the two Agent.app files (from Oct. 1) in my Shared folder. Nothing is working. When I try to launch that, nothing happens.

Anyway, adding my name to the list. Been playing since original Vanilla.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1
2018 MacBook Pro
2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Waiting on that account credit to start. I’ve cancelled both my accounts and won’t be renewing with the way MacOS is being supported.

2 Likes

me neither.

Running Monterey 12.0.1, everything is updated, everything runs perfectly, just the launcher admin error. I went to my library and pulled the native game client to my dock and can play that way, but game updates won’t happen. I understand things like this happen, I work in the IT industry, I get it. What I don’t get is the complete and total silence from Blizz, here and on their Twitter feed, just the obligatory " We are aware and are working on it". Seriously, some updates, every other day would be at least something. Not this, horrible customer service in that respect.

2 Likes

Same issue MacOS 11.6

Clearly a Blizzard issue judging by the variety of OS versions affected and the fact battle.net app has updated much more recently than the OS and the issue coincides with it

2 Likes

Running Mac OS and can’t get patches either. I have tried all the suggestions and WOW is still broke. Blitz please help

1 Like

I hate to say it but, If Blizz doesnt want to take it serious, maybe everyone should close their accts and leave a reason why. If a large number bolt at the same time, it may get noticed. Kinda lame that it isnt even being addressed as a known issue that they are attempting to fix at this point.

2 Likes

Tried uninstalling from battle.net. Now when I try to reinstall it says " We couldn’t access a folder because you are not the administrator"

For me today I could re-install World Of Warcraft, I’m still downloading so after the download is complete then I would try to log in and logout so I could check if there is an issue again or not.