WoW won't update

I followed this advice and was able to get the Play menu up, eventually.

Am having the same issues. Running OS 11.6,8-core Intel i9 processor

So here is what I did to get WoW to work for me (I finally got it to work yesterday morning). So what I did was I launched the game through the launcher (I am on a mac btw) When I did that I just let the icon bounce until it stopped bouncing. I then double clicked the icon and then clicked and dragged the icon out of my doc like I wanted to remove it. However, it didnt remove the icon from my doc it launched WoW. Thats just how it worked for me so I just wanted to share.

1 Like

Just checking in to add to the tracking:

Mojave 10.14.6
mid-2012 MBP (I know, don’t laugh.)

Having the same issue, running 11.6 Big Sur.

Thank you for this - I still wasn’t sure where to put the Chmod code, but it gave me the idea to check permissions on the data folder which was set to all custom. I changed them all to read & write and now I can log in through bnet at least this time…

Yes…I still cannot access the game. Missed 2 raid events already

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me…

Your the best Iceblinkluck IT WORKED for me… Took me a bit of fiddling around but I got there… Thank you so very much for sharing this…

didn’t work for me

do I put my admin password or just cancel

didn’t work and after I open agent activity monitor says its not responding

Same issue, being asked to run as admin. Tried everything. It wont even let me scan and repair wow retail and classic. Downloaded diablo with no issue, so seems to be a game specific problem.

Specs: Macbook Pro 16" 2019 MacOS 11.4 - 16gb Ram - AMD Radeon Pro 5300m 4GB

2.6 GHz 6 core Intel Core i7

Same issue. Still unable to log in.

Hi, same issue here. Enable to download the update. I have an error about not being the admin but I am in fact the admin. So, yeah, please update us. That is really disappointing. I run WoW on Mac.

Still no change. So, does this mean we all get a new mount of our choice?

1 Like

Worked, for me and started retail update correct. Nice job!!

Awesome! Blizzard should hook you up with something.

Sorry Iceblinkluck good job.

Worked for me. Ty. The crazy fps drop is still present. I haven’t fully exited to see if I have to repeat the process or not. Ok I did fully exit. Problem recurs. Well I waited a bit and it did show the play button again and worked.