WoW won't update

I’m having issues logging into the game, it says I need to update. So i click update and then it tells me I need to login as an admin. So I logout, log back in as an admin, and I click update and then it gives me the same error. What is the problem here?

4 Likes

I am using a Mac, tried creating a new admin account, got the same message, switched accounts, no change, deleted the second admin account, no change. Gonna hit them up on. twitter, hopefully get this fixed today

1 Like

Same issue here this morning worked fine, this afternoon AFU!!!

Same issue here. On Mac. Logged in as admin. No Luck.

1 Like

Update still not working. Tried all suggestions. Need help please Blizz. Would like to be able to play the game.

same exact problem. Have restarted/updated computer and im getting the same error.

Love the silence from Blizz and their twitter feed, NOT SO MUCH

2 Likes

Ive had this issue all day as well… only way I have been able to fix it is by completely uninstalling and then reinstalling… but after playing for a bit, it starts doing the same thing. Ive had to do it now 3x… come on Blizz… fix your game…

1 Like

On a Mac here too. Battle.Net just updated, and now I can’t update TBCC because it keeps telling me to log in as an Administrator, despite successfully requesting and receiving access authorization.

Error: BLZBNTAGT00000841
Battle.Net Version: 2.7.0.13177
TBCC Version: 2.52.40892

This basically makes WoW unplayable for me right now.

1 Like

Edit: Thread relocated.

hi guys i found a way you can by pass it for now dont click the battle.net app find your world of warcraft icon on your desktop and right click and go to properties and then click open file location then click retail and you will see the WOW icon and right click that and run as admin it will launch the game by passing the blizz launcher taking you to the logg in screen and just simple log into your account and you can play the game till blizz fixes the problem hope it helps :slight_smile:

from aussie land yyeeww

I am having the same “try again after logging in as an administrator” account loop on BOTH of my Macs XD

I’ve been having the same problem. Over 12 hours and still ongoing. Will I be pro-rated play time for this? No…

not just on mac does it for pc windows too, thats the same issue, BLZBNTAGT00000841, i am on a windows pc

The main thread - where blue posts are made about the permissions issue (bnet asking for admin log in):

Nothing works–locked out. Yes, I am receiving the same error.

1 Like

Okay. This is how I’ve been getting in on my Mac:

• Find your agent apps. Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent. There will probably be a few folders named something like Agent7531 and Agent7581
  • Open the 7531folder and locate the Agent app in that folder. You’ll need to double click (start) this app after a couple more steps.
  • Start Activity Monitor
  • Start Battle.net
  • After Battle.net starts, you’ll get the error, close the error message
  • In Activity Monitor, find the Agent process and force quit it
  • IMMEDIATELY start the Agent app in the 7531 folder
  • EDIT: Check to make sure the right Agent is running (Select process, Inspect, Open Files and Ports): You should see the 7531 app in there (if not, force quit it and try again)
  • In Battle.net, start an update or hit Play
6 Likes

Im also getting the Agent message come up and wanting me to log in each time when opening the launcher. This also happens when I close out of the game but have the launcher open.

I tired that a few times and still not working. This is getting ridiculous now, and it seems they are incapable of fixing this problem, meanwhile charging us monthly for a game that we can’t even play. What a scam Blizzard has become!