WoW Token | player created problem

Players want to cheat.
RMT bot and sell gold.
Cheaters buy gold.
CC swipe GDKP becomes the standard.
Blizz has policies against buying selling/gold and Botting.

The wow token is a response to cheaters and those who break the TOS. The only way to eliminate RMToken is to reduce the need for gold in the economy, increase bartering, and gate keep items like: riding/flight/dual-spec with quest chains not gold sinks. Bots do not raid so make a portion or all gear drops as personal loot system.

Blizz is here to make a fun game and it’s own players have to be told not to cheat, not to buy gold, and when they don’t listen blizzard is the bad guy for getting in the on commerce that’s occurring within their own product.

Any one of you would be livid if you had a business and someone else was profiting within you establishment. Get real.

Solutions to RMToken are here:

5 Likes

This is a smooth brain take I hear all the time.

Blizzard created the game. Blizzard neglected maintenance of their game. It’s Blizzard’s product and Blizzard’s responsiblity. To do so much mental gymnastics that consumers are the reason a product is bad is so damn insane.

I know you’ll never admit to being wrong, maybe you can swap toons and pretend you’ve never been this stupid to begin with.

21 Likes

Neglected keeping their players honest. This current generation of players just suck, no morals, no accountability, and when they do something wrong they blame everyone else.

RMT is 100% a response to players, blizzard didn’t set up a shop for a 3rd party to come in and make money off the same customers for 0% share.

Wrong its just more profitable to join in on the monetization of your video game than it is to fight it.

They just waited until whatever bean counter data showed the majority of players were buying gold and it wouldn’t be AS BIG of a backlash as during the last 2 classic releases. There is a reason they had an incredibly short blue post about this being added with no warning.

1 Like

This about sums it up. Blizz is a business, it’s in their best interest to make money.

1 Like

Gatekeep was created by players followed by GDKP followed by RMT followed by bots.

Consequences for not having RDF in wotlk. The only people who wants to play in wotlk are in a Guild and progressing since Launch and they would not care about a token because they are not in GDKP runs.

Theres no p2w in wow because blizzard has never sold p2w gear.

I remember a dude in faerlina at 2019 hacking the game and 1 shoting every player he clicked in stormwind while flying high above the sky.

Clearly this means i should be able to buy it from the store.

Basically just because people whom cheat or are just bad assume everyone else is cheating claims tokens are ok lol. Tokens are extremely corrosive.

5 Likes

I’m not a fan.
It’s basically Blizzard admitting they will not do anything serious to police their game regarding RMT because it’s (the token) an additional revenue stream because whales.

1 Like

OP how’s the weather in San Diego at Blizz HQ?

California has the best weather year round, but it is raining… wow token$ right now baby! woot woot

reality is, players hate hearing that they are the problem, but 9 times out of 10 it is true.

this brave soul has the courage to say it out loud and you side with the sheep over him?

1 Like

This isn’t bravery, it’s being a cuck for a company. Anthem had the same type of person shilling for them.

It’s known as “Smooth-Brain”. It’s someone that feels something, thus believes it’s true. In this instance, they’re the product of marketing getting a little too far into their head.

You might be too.

1 Like

Agreed but Blizz is an enabler and there’s more than enough blame to go around.

2 Likes

I literally told my friend earlier today "wotlk classic is nothing like retail classic was :frowning: "

And the token being added is another reason why. I wouldn’t be surprised if they added the Dragon Isles to classic. ffs.

I think I’ve seen this mentality before.

it went “my views alone offer the path to salvation, thus any deviation from my views is a deviation from salvation. therefore, your thoughts are not only wrong, but dangerous in polluting the mind of the youth. For the wellbeing of the majority, you must be silenced”.

or something along those lines.

but then we invented the printing press and began the renaissance.

Why is it so hard to fathom? You wanna blame fossil fuel emissions on your government? When was the last time you bought a fast food meal more expensive than $10? Were your reasons for voting in the last election due to party preference? Infinite list of stupid things people do that can easily be blamed on higher powers.

wtb indulgence pst
or put it in the cash shop plz

heh the official reason/s for this action

EL OH EL

gotta get that juice

why not just admit this from the beginning guys
you don’t want to invest time and wanna swipe to victory
not exactly in line with the design pillar of “approachable and familiar”

Dungeons and raids in Classic are most often defeated through careful preparation: collecting consumables, perfecting gear sets, mastering class skills, and memorizing encounter details. We want to maintain that approachability and familiarity.

I agree with everthing you said, but with a little effort Blizzard could take action against gold sellers and buyers and have a clean game. Its just additional overhead to them, and they dont realize the ROI for actually monitoring it. This is their biggest failure IMO.

Blizz is here to make a fun game and it’s own players have to be told not to cheat, not to buy gold, and when they don’t listen blizzard is the bad guy for getting in the on commerce that’s occurring within their own product.

Any one of you would be livid if you had a business and someone else was profiting within you establishment. Get real

If this guy were ruler of a country, he’d be selling writs for burglary and robbery.

1 Like

Absolute bullcrap and sickening logic.

How can you fight RMT with your own RMT?? How does the source of RMT changes the fact that it’s RMT?? What’s the difference between buying gold form xyz-gold website or official blizzard.com?? RMT is freaking RMT regardless of the source.