WoW Token going up in price. amazing

You’ve got it backwards now…you buy WoW token and save it too your Battle Net Balance…which allows you too buy the Mount with your gold now…putting a wow token to your balance balance gives you $15 dollars on the Balance…you only need to buy 6 tokens to have $90 on your bnet balance that works about too about 1.8 million gold to buy the mount …heck of lot cheaper then the first one now which was 5 Million to buy…

Korean token fell off the deep end. EU and Taiwan are nutz.

They’re 290K in OCE region. Doesn’t seem that crazy. Maybe it’ll keep going up tho.

I just checked. US is hitting 300k, EU reached 420k, KR briefly reached high of 140k but has dropped some, and TW looks like they go between 450k at night and 550k during day before and after the new mount dropped.

It kinds of look like KR and TW does not have the mount

It kind of does. You need to gem and enchant your gear, buy flasks and potions, whetstones, augment runes, etc. It is very expensive to raid and do M+.

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure out how and why people think wow is pay 2 win? Nothing that you can buy with cash from the game is helping you win

I’ll change my stance if I ever see them selling gilded crest packs on the shop page

Depends on what you mean by “win.” You can sell the tokens and buy carries and therefore Gilded Crests.

1 Like

Check the price tomorrow. It’s rising as fast as their algorithm allows it. Now that people realize it’s skyrocketing, even fewer people are buying tokens to sell for gold, which is causing it to rise even more.

It will either be 400-500k tomorrow, or blizzard will have intervened to price fix.

2 Likes

Yes but you’re buying them from other players, blizzard isn’t offering you this directly.

They are because you can purchase a WoW Token and then sell it. It’s a distinction without difference. Considering Mike Ybarra was a known carry seller, there’s no way the Token was being sold by Blizzard without Blizzard understanding what it was being sold for.

I got my dino :smiley:

2 Likes

Imagine being this dumb. Lmao. Do you wear a tin foil hat when you play wow so blizzard doesn’t steal your thoughts? Paranoid mfer

Marvelous rebuttal. Can’t think of a response to my argument so you just insult me instead.

Paying for a Race Change was Pay to Win, just to have a Blood Elf Visage with a mustache and no chin hair.

Blood Elf Males have mustaches…. But they are ALWAYS tied to some chin hair.

I paid to become a Dracthyr to have a Blood Elf visage with a mustache, but without chin hair.

I paid to win.

I am waiting with great interest to see what it ends up at. I hope blizzard just let’s it ride, in no small part because if it hits 500k, it wouldn’t be too expensive to just finish my gold cap and not have to farm gold ever again.

Pay to win takes on many forms such as:

• ability to use money as a currency for time
  • ability to buy items, titles, and other things that they are incapable of earning
  • ability to shortcut progression

Examples of pay to win in wow:

• ability to buy PvP carries to unlock gear
  • ability to buy arena titles
  • ability to buy PvE titles that often reward cosmetics
  • ability to buy any and all gear in game through the many raid/5 man carry services

And given the above, only a small portion of the playerbase has the aptitude to actually earn it. So it becomes very pay to win when a person who is not capable of obtaining the above rewards are still able to get them with a credit card swipe. They can’t win (aka winning in wow is character progression) through skill/time/whatever and so they pay to win with cash. Hence…pay to win.

I think KR and TW cannot convert token to battle.net balance, so this wouldn’t affect them.
(I’m not 100% sure on this, but I remember seeing it)

If it gets to 400k I’ll buy 2 tokens for a nice 800k boost to my gold bank.

1 Like

But then that’s not pay to win most of those things you name most people don’t even attempt. I would like to know what shortcut to progression if your referring to the professions then that’s more an issue with professions overall. Right now professions aren’t fun, nobody wants to spend hours on end farming mats, when theres tons to do. The other thing is there is nothing really “pay to win” youre either good at the content or youre not. Paying for carries isn’t you winning anything because outside of those carries it will become verry apparent real quick that someone doesnt know what they are doing. I think more people should pressure and be mad about the systems not a few people using gold for carries because that does cheapen your play time or make it invalid just because they got carried. They wont get past normal or maybe heroics, they def wont make it in Mythic raids because you can be max iLvl but mess up mechs or heck even your own rotation. Pvp they wont win because they wont be good at that either once everyone else catches up to them. The titles don’t really do anything other than something fun and kinda roleplay so its not like its something big. So I don’t think its pay to win, its more like, pay to get ahead and then get sent back down to earth once gravity kicks in.