WoW Token going up in price. amazing

So many people buying tokens now huh now that an exclusive mount that allow you to access the AH at any time is available in the cash shop, wonder why is it. but but but this game is not p2w nooo people buy everything with their hard earned gold xd yeah gold that magically appears after you swipe your creddit card and buy wow tokens xd

8 Likes

The game is arguably P2W in an indirect way, but not because of the mount. Technically the mount is making the cost of “winning” cheaper by allowing you to get more gold per token.

Though the price of the token going up after a mount went on sale was about as hard to predict as the sun rising tomorrow morning. The gold cost of the token is determined by the demand, and everybody is converting gold into bnet balance to buy the mount.

9 Likes

i mean it’s not that elevated…

3 Likes

Do you actually believe there are people who buys WoW Tokens and then sell them for gold on the AH, only to rebuy the tokens and convert them into battle.net balance?

8 Likes

Buying tokens doesn’t time my keys for me.

I prefer classic when there is a real economy, but that economy is long gone and there’s no reason to waste time farming in retail. It can’t be fixed at this point.

3 Likes

How is a stupidly expensive mount pay to win? lol

4 Likes

Wow, you REALLY don’t understand how the tokens work. People are buying tokens WITH GOLD to sell for Blizzard balance so they can then buy the mount. They are essentially buying the mount with GOLD not cash.

14 Likes

Call me when it reaches its old high of 400k… I’ll buy some from Blizzard then.

2 Likes

You mean, the gold sell price is increasing? Nice. Maybe I’ll drop $20 and get a token once it hits like 300-400k.

5 Likes

Gee could it be because only idiots would spend 90 real dollars on it?

1 Like

You’re not actually buying them from Blizzard. You’re buying them from the players who farmed the gold, bought a token with gold, and put it on the AH to exchange for Blizzard balance.

4 Likes

Meh, $90 is nothing to me. Only poor people worry about it, and only envious people are mad about it.

9 Likes

I think people are trying to offload their gold is the problem… not that they are buying gold to transfer to balance… then they would just buy the mount

But if Blizzard is trying to make a gold sink to clear out the gold gathering dust in people’s banks since WoD…. this may be it

No… I buy it from Blizzard to sell to the players who want the game time. I want the gold. Which is why I said call me when it hits 400k.

3 Likes

it will be 300k+ by tomorrow morning
its already 290k

1 Like

P2W does not exist in WoW, its super annoying some streamers took flight with this term and everyone uses it inaccurately.
Buying gold is not pay to win.
Gold does not “win” there is nothing in the game one can get by buying gold that you couldnt earn in game by the SIMPLE FACT gold is earnable in the friggin game… Therefore you are not paying to win since EVERYTHING you pay for someone else can NOT pay for and you will be at the SAME level.

Since the token is also purchasble VIA ingame by making gold by PLAYING even the shop exclusive items are earnable by PLAYING the game.

Pay to win means buying things on a shop THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE to anyone who just plays the game, that GIVES A SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE!!!

Such as Shop item: ilvl 999 Axe that does 2mil dps. While mythic raid drops ilvl900 Axe that does 1.5mil DPS
NO matter how much you PLAY THE GAME you will never get to the same DPS as someone who used the shop.

THAT IS PAY TO WIN. Not Bob uses CC to buy gold to buy 1 mythic ilvl 226 item out of the 15 he can equip while Sue who never spent her money also has the same 226ilvl item. Thus bob did not win anything over sue.

6 Likes

Bob might have even bought that BoE from Sue, making her the winner

1 Like

Except it doesn’t work out to as much gold as the original 5mil mount. Or, it didn’t the last time I looked. But the prices may have shot up to that level by now, I dunno.

Token price shooting up at the maximum allowable speed is a pretty good indication that most mount-buyers are opting to use play money not actual money.

4 Likes

By this argument literally every game on the market is.

Be real you’ve never really played a pay to win game have you because you seem to have no concept of what it is