Wow, the tears are real

That would be gold buying, not GDKPs. GDKPs can exist without any RMT gold whatsoever.

the vast majority of players bought gold to get raid gear, of course it wont get rid of RMTing, but it will decrease by a lot

because if they added that tomorrow, i would not continue to play. i dont want to play a “pay to win mmorpg”. if you don’t like it what does that mean, are you still paying and playing? i dont care if you are blizzard or not, that’s completely irrelevant

To be fair they use to do stuff like this. In TBC rogues could skip to a single chest in mechanar, hop on a ledge, aggro the mobs then vanish to loot the chest. This was so against what blizzard thought was good for the game at the time it was fixed very quickly. The people who cared about the game most and understood how its all tied together enough to stop things like that stopped working at blizzard sadly. This is why everyone was excited for classic with no changes because most of the changes where for the worst in the eyes of purists

These kinds of sweeping, unsubstantiated statements are not only incorrect but very unhelpful.
“The vast majority” - based off what data?

that’s cap

if only people had the culture of kicking and reporting RMTers on their group, we wouldn’t be having this discussion, but no, most people were glad to see the inflated gold pot

2 Likes

based off the price of gold on illicit sites dropping dramatically as soon as the ban was announced

Sorry I am really failing to keep up with your muddled thought process here.
What do store mounts have to do with my decision to use GDKP loot system in game with in game currency?

True. But as I understand it, bots now just literally flyhack in dungeons in order to loot chests. So the whole event was an exercise in futility where legitimate players have been punished, and botters continue unabated.

im not talking about store mounts. gdkps are essentially adding a loot box of a boss like ragnaros to the blizzard cash shop, the only part removed from that is time spent afk following someone in raid as a “pure buyer”

do you think people bought gold to get a 80s consumable?

the fact RMT gold value decreased by around 60% just today is enough to back my claim

Based off RMT prices falling please give me an estimate for what percentage of players buy gold in game.

Go on, a ballpark figure based off this super useful metric.

the largest survey i’ve seen have 40% of players admitting to it, the real number is probably higher

source: his head

This is the reality, botting is legit wrecking the economy without much of an answer, but it’s fairly behind the scenes and invisible to the average player.

What is very visible, however, are other players doing GDKP. It must be their fault! Report! Report!

2 Likes

Can you please link such a survey?

“ninjas will increase if the gdkp’s don’t return” what a load of rubbish lmfao

2 Likes

Why do you live in a city? Disgusting.