WoW should get rid of professions

lol I highly doubt this. If they did, I never knew and I have played this game since 2005. Do you have some kind of actual proof? otherwise im calling made up

2 Likes

2 Likes

No more like the system now doesnā€™t fundamentally work .

Work orders came about because people were mad that once they got to a certain level of crafting everything became Bind on Pick up . You couldnā€™t even give your alts the gear at that point.

All they have to do is get rid of the BoP on higher crafted gear and make it Bind on Equip so people can send gear to their alts or put in AH. Thatā€™s all they ever should of done in the first place and not this asinine work order thing they gave us in DF.

1 Like

BoP gear was also bad the entire time. The gear made with work orders is good, professions have never been in a better state. As for making it just BoE gear that would allow people to sell sparks and crests, which, obviously, isnā€™t a thing that Blizzard will let you buy on the AH.

1 Like

Well as bad ideas go, this isnā€™t the worst but it is up in there in the top 20.

For those that make it part of their end game yes but the casual crafter that wants to make little gold not so much .

All crafted gear regardless of level should be BoE and able to be placed in the AH .

No it wouldnā€™t I have no problem with things that upgrade gear being BoP . Iā€™m talking the base gear being BoE .

1 Like

So, you think you should be able to sell sparks and crests on the AH because it is too hard for you to craft things using the work order system, grinding your own aspect crests, and using your own sparks, got it.

1 Like

Sparks and crests arenā€™t gear .
Upgrading gear can be seoarate from crafting and the upgrade items can be BoP .
Iā€™m saying base crafted gear should be BoE .

1 Like

Okay, you have no idea how the system works then. The level of crest influences the quality of the craft, that is incompatible with the system entirely, and would require a change that makes the lowest levels of crafted gear without crests as hard to max out as those with a max-rank crest.

1 Like

A truly offensive graphicā€¦

So professions, in your mind, exist for the sole purpose of generating gold and not as an engaging activity that people should be not just not allowed to but not at all be able to be engaged with?

Thatā€™s a wild take, and not a good one.

So what you are saying is that you want to go back to how Shadowlands legendaries workedā€¦? Because that made professions only matter in terms of gold, your only real purpose of having professions in Shadowlands were for legendaries that were BoE effectively, and I guess a ā€œcasualā€ player could sit in Orobos wasting thousands of resources just to make a few gold pieces.

ā€¦ sounds like you just hate professions. Regardless of whether they are of the better version of DF and TWW, or even when back in the days when professions were dull, boring, and useless.

1 Like

In many ways profs are a mess and one Iā€™ve had a hard time getting into but I donā€™t think the solution is get rid of them

1 Like

you donā€™t have to do them

It is also 100% accurate. Crafting exists in a parasitic state compared to all other content. It relies on harder content to gather crests while offering noting in return but gold sink after gold sink.

The most in-depth compelling gameplay crafting offers is looting world items (dirts, pots,etc) and world quests. Both systems would remain entirely unchanged with craftings removal. There isnā€™t a case for it beyond an artificial need.

The only people I have ever heard say this are the ones who ignored every single Artisanā€™s Consortium quest.

EVERYTHING is explained about how professions worked in DF by the four zoneā€™s Artisanā€™s Consortium questlines. Heck, you realistically only need three of them as the ones in Valdrakken are just a summary of it.
It has issues yes, but the professions arenā€™t a mess. Folks quite literally just chose to not read any of the in-game information about them.

If only they killed moths to get dustā€¦then they would understand!!!

What an absurd argumentā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d lose <Made by Marsius> on my gear.

:cry:

2 Likes

It is pretty pointless, except for gearing alts while they level

Crating is parasitic because I donā€™t like it, but also the only thing it does is be a gold sink.

Or to make gear for max level characters, or enchants, or toys, or pets, or consumables, or feasts, or to do the fishing chain for mounts and other rewards.

1 Like

Its parasitic because every single gameplay element tied to it is just taking from another content with it tacked on. World quests, crests from harder content. There isnā€™t ANYTHING crafting adds by itself. So yes its the tapeworm of wow.