WoW should get rid of professions

Only health potions and pots. Nothing else is tied to combat just passive stats unrelated to combat.

1 Like

I am wearing 3 crafted items.

In a gear progression game, nothing is more tied to combat than your gear.

I sometimes equip my brez bracers as well.

3 Likes

Doing quests, gathering materials and recipes, gathering and investing knowledge points, doing crafting orders and investing your concentration where you believe it is most worthwhile, those are all elements to the system. Which, you don’t need to do if you do not want to. Nobody is claiming that it is identical to dungeons, but you pretending professions are bad or not gameplay, and jumping between extremes in your argument, while also not understanding professions, is amusingly incorrect.

1. Wrong.
  2. Passive stats for what, exactly?
2 Likes

None of them have an active effect on combat. Granted as I wrote this I did overlook sporecloak as a thing.

So your stance is that gear is not tied to combat and does not effect combat?

3 Likes

That is the sum of it really its not impressive for the burden they put on the rest of the game.

What burden?

1. No, there are items that have actives.
  2. We should remove non-cantrip gear because it is only passive, therefore it isn’t a thing?

Well, this person hates professions (including Warlock profession) so… You know… Burdening.

1 Like

They introduce a cost to doing harder content that wouldn’t exist if they didn’t.

What cost?

It feels like you are saying “if you ignore A, B, C, D, E, and F…professions bring nothing to combat!”

1 Like

Crafters complain about the devalue of crafted gear, which back during the development of Dragonflight we were told crafted gear would be as good as mythic gear.

You can’t craft a whole set, the ability to craft the best gear you can is gated that is you can’t make a whole crafted set gear for you.

Having the gear crafted 10 levels below mythic is too much. And they are not even talking to us why they’re making such change.

You seem to forgot the embelishments, the enchants which also modify your character and stats.

Seems a stretch to me going from “crafters are complaining” to “should we remove professions”.

3 Likes

I’m not. They are not active choices as there are clear right answers in each case. They are at best an illusion of choice and a weak argument for keeping a system. You can simply balance the content around that not existing.

You are clearly forgetting about them in your crusade to complain about professions, otherwise you wouldn’t say profession boils down to health stone and potion.

No those are the entire effect they have on active combat beyond passives stats that could simply be balanced around if removed.

youve literally NEVER had engineering, I take it, lol.
I have portals to everywhere. Speed boosts. Repair bots, etc.

no…I think I would literally quit the game if the remove engineering.

3 Likes

So, remove gear and just have equippable cantrip runes, then, because everything else is passive stats that can be balanced around if removed? And keep potions, since those are active.

1 Like

So get rid of the entire system of talent trees?

Get rid of all gear?

1 Like

Could work, just make potions a third trinket since they are effectively that now.

Gear is rewarded on content based around its difficulty. Crafting is purely parasitic to that.

Two separate trinkets where you can choose which effect you want when you use it, instead of being beholden to what you have equipped?

Parasitic because you said so, not because of any actual reason.

You don’t choose your health pot and in my entire time raiding from vanilla to now with rare breaks I do not recall more then a singular choice of potions for combat during tiers.