WoW: Shadowlands Is Probably Real

All the Old God lore is a rip on HP Lovecraft yet exists in the game. WoW is full of references and being inspired by others

Yes but this is not inspiraton. Its a rip off.someone took sanderson shadowland map and did a mock up. It obvious when you compare the 2. Its a four chan troll job.

can you put a link please? I searched for it but I’m finding multiple maps of his work

closest thing i could find was something called tamriel
so not sure what shes referring to. here’s tamriel map

seems like a reach to me
 and shadowlands has been an established part of Warcraft lore for a long time now. Whether the name is original or not is definately questionable but whatever lol

2 Likes

well like you said, its lovecraftian, so its a dark fantasy trope
alot of stuff is also derived from dungeons and dragons table top rpg too. for example, a dark elf is a drow, also known as a troll. the art for it in the d&d encyclopedia looks like a wow troll, minus the wow troll being hunched over. thusly why it says in wow lore that elves are all descended from dark trolls. they honestly didnt need to add dark in that as all dark elves are trolls lol. since all wow elves are drow/dark elves, they’re all trolls. the game is being over run by trolls. haha and for a bonus, the word troll derives from the word werewolf. so really, elves and trolls are worgen in wow (since they’re all from dark elves/drow/trolls). :sunglasses:

we dont have an actual traditional elf in wow. cause all wow elves according to wow lore, are from trolls (drow/dark elves)

so many parallels XD

1 Like

Yup! and let’s not forget in WoW it’s Silvermoon & in D&D it’s Silverymoon. Give me about a day or two and I could probably find every single D&D reference in WoW(have most of the D&D books every made). Shadowlands is also a reference to the Shadow Realm and with how it’s described in WoW, it’s almost a copy of the D&D version.

1 Like

do you happen to know where traditional elves are from in d&d? dark elves/drow are trolls but what about elves that aren’t drow?

Wow Shadowland
probably real. Most likely fake.

Depends which setting I suppose. Let’s stick with Forgotten Realms since that’s the most famous(not the best) setting in D&D. The Elves there came from the plane of Faerie(Feywild) & I can’t remember if the Dark elves or green elves came first(I think green though). I remember reading the different kinds, along with other feywild creatures came to that world(Abeir-Toril) in waves.

so no idea? just some faery dimension?

Elves that aren’t drow I believe are decendants of the High-Elves(Eldrian).

these guys?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eladrin

Can you elaborate on this a little more? It seems to get away from the faction-based conflict that people were so tired of in BFA. It also turns the story towards some major loose threads like what’s going on with Helya, who Bwonsamdi’s boss is, the larger threat of the Void. Basically the whole Dead/Undead/Void conflict that’s been brewing in the background.

And on the otherside, we’re catching back up with the Dragons. Possibly moving the Infinite flight story forward (backwords? sideways? alternate?), establishing a new black dragonflight, etc.

I see a lot of potential in these stories.

That’s how you get yourself into legal hot water.

Leaking information about an unreleased product or service could make a lawsuit / heavy fines very likely depending on contracts you had while with the company. Many such contracts have stipulations about discussing such matters even after you LEAVE the company.

The warcraft logo on the “photo proof” is an obvious photoshop. Really fake.

This doesn’t rules out Blizzard authorship

And how does a cringe inducing revisit to the dumb theme of the boogeyman of undeath resolve any of that?

He feels
what? I think you were looking for “giddy”