WoW: Shadowlands Is Probably Real

Anyone watching Asmon’s stream right now is listening to Pyromancer talk about an actual former Blizzard employee reaching out to him to tell him that it seems that the Shadowlands leak was the same thing that showed up at a panel where employees gathered, and the black covered thing is a covered code that the employee sent Pyromancer.

The employee gave Pyro her identity, and he’s confirming that she’s real.

This could be big.

EDIT: He’s saying that this isn’t 100% confirmation that everything is real, but he’s saying that the map is almost definitely real.

EDIT 2: Ion also mentioned his trip to Xiros in Greece as a kid in a developer Q and A… pog?

7 Likes

Alex Afrasiabi here. It’s all true.

57 Likes

Carefully coordinated PR content preview.

When someone leaks documents showing a misuse of company funds or something equally egregious, then you’ve got a real leak on your hands.

This is just the slow drip.

20 Likes

If the person claiming to be a Blizzard employee is really who they say they are then the “confirmation” is probably just misdirection. Shadowlands is almost certainly fake.

13 Likes

No, actually. She sent him her credentials and everything. He literally confirmed that she was indeed real.

5 Likes

So what’s the narrative here? Developers are aware of BFA’s rotten reception amongst the community, so they’re drip-feeding the upcoming interesting stuff to keep the community invested?

Actually that’s not a bad idea.

27 Likes

Shadowlands is most def real.

Ff14 is killing it with the highest rated mmo expansion.

Destiny 2 is leaving acti bliz and is getting more and more popular with a new expansion coming

Bfa has players quitting

Eso is getting more popular

Blizzard desperately needs some hype now leading up to blizzcon which was a disaster kast year, source me, there live.

32 Likes

That doesn’t mean she’s telling the truth about Shadowlands, ie her confirmation is likely nothing more than misdirection.

4 Likes

Announcing an xpack called ‘Shadowlands’ a few months after FFXIV dropped Shadowbringers would just be embarrassing, tbh. I’m well aware both titles would have been in development before either title was announced publicly, but I’m just talking about how it looks, so I hope that this leak is a fake.

13 Likes

Fo sho. 

Shadowbringers, FFXIV - Real and extremely good

Shadowlands, WoW “Leak”- someone just making stuff up trying to have SENPAI NOTICE ME! And/Or getting attention.

9 Likes

So you’re choosing to push"information" that is at least third hand to you and forth hand to us.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

41 Likes

Maybe they’re probing us…

blushes

2 Likes

Why? Wow had legion and path of exile had legion

Shadowlands is probably real

The shadowlands are definitely real.

1 Like

Does asmon pay you for all of the advertising?

15 Likes

Why would it be misdirection?

It would get negative hype if they purposefully spread rumors of an expansion that sounds as good as Shadowlands only to… not give us that.

In what world would that make sense?

2 Likes

it sounds cool and Ion already talked out Xiros. And we always missed greek myths with only wannabe Poseidon as small thing. We had norse, egypt and somewhat chinese, it’s time for Zeuson and Hadesian

3 Likes

There is no way this is real. No way. Also, Pyromancer didn’t even start playing WoW until Cataclysm and didn’t care about lore until WoD. He really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s wrong on many things and way off with his theories.

1 Like