WoW: Shadowlands Is Probably Real

Exactly. Which is how you know it is fake. Like everything else, every bit of information in the “leak” is taken from things people have said on boards/information from boards.

He makes comments about Greek stuff, so now the leak includes stuff about having a greek theme.

Blizzard has never done the SAME THING again, which is how you know the leak is fake. That is the BIGGEST fake part of it. They already did a Blood Troll zone, because Zand. Trolls were the new allied race. So a new expansion won’t have that, since it has already been done. The whole Bwonsamedi playing a larger part, was all player wishes. So again, that is a sure way to spot a fake.

How do some of you walk around in public, without being catfished/whatever constantly? You just believe ANYTHING. “No, you fool! He DOES own that bridge, he LITERALLY showed me his credentials! We MUST get in on this opportunity!”, or “Of COURSE a Nigerian Prince would need your help to get at his money, it makes COMPLETE sense, so I’m going to continue sending these “transaction fees” they ask for!”

3 Likes

Hahahahaha :heart::heart:

Yeah, op lost me at that point too.

It’s real.

Oh gee, more asmondgold. Because a reactionary twitch streamer is TOTALLY creditable.

Except he did do something outlandish

Fake. Shadowland is an idea from Brandon Sanderson epic work, so of course the idea of the Shadowland would sound awesome but it is straight rip from Brandon Sanderson works along with the mock up map they showed.

“He thought Bwonsamdi’s boss was Nzoth. Then Helya. Now he thinks its Hakkar.”

So who is his boss then? If you don’t know either, then what’s the harm in hypothesizing.

“He thought Magni was corrupted. He wasn’t. Big difference between corruption and being mislead.”

He didn’t make that claim in the video I watched

“He said Azeroth was doomed and Sargeras already killed her with the sword. He didn’t.”

Again, he didn’t say this in the video I watched

I only watched the one, so I’m only going to respond to ones relevant to the discussion in the leak video.

It sounds like all of what you said was him hypothesizing, and of course because he is not omniscient (neither are you, by the way), you are saying “ha! see, you were wrong!” as if that somehow makes you right when as far as I’m aware, you weren’t making any claims at all, merely sitting on the sidelines waiting for some idle speculation to be proven wrong so you can swoop in and claim victory, somehow.

1 Like

It doesn’t take a genius to see that Bwonsamdi is being set up for more story development past BfA

Leaks are only good for streamers/youtubers to milk views, just like whatever this thread is talking about. It isn’t real, just like no leak this far from Blizzcon has ever been real. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the streamers/youtubers put some out there just so they’ll have crap to make clickbait videos about.

It could very well be true. It sounds just as uninspiring as BFA. A “Tinker” class would be just so damn jejune. I realize there is a small vocal community… but I have to feel that Blizzard can be more imaginative in regards to a new class. If not, I guess all the talent has either left the company or is working for the Overwatch IP. There will always be Classic.

Trees be good wit dis mon. Trees only recently wake up after a long sleep. Wont get much done dis time around. Havin a good time. Takin it slow. Seeing all da new tings.

Shadowlands be lookin cool mon. Trees be ready for da big fight by den.

4 Likes

Sylvanas is a fan favorite and a precious character at Blizzard. Also there is this unknown bargain with Helya and Sylvanas keeps saying how we need to be prepared for something.

I don’t think it explicitly said anywhere the night elves are the bad guys. But they CERTAINLY do have “victims”, whether these victims were innocent or not is irrelevant, the individuals they killed are still defined as victims.

The victims returning is the forces the night elves killed in Darkshore, who said anything about it being a specific character?

Dragon Isles were being hinted at more and more in the game between the black dragonflight hinting that Wrathion is looking for the isles right now and there’s even hints in the island expeditions.

Bolvar is another character who has been getting brought up more and more recently throughout Legion and BFA. Especially with all this development of the death entities and Vol’Jin’s ascendance and what not so ya his inclusion in the leak also makes sense.

Elune and Helya seems off I’ll agree. Although who knows maybe it’ll be yet another trope of forces joining together to fight off a greater threat.

All in all, the vast majority of the leak makes a LOT of sense. This isn’t to say that the leak is real though, it could still be fake, but it seems very plausible compared to many other leaks in the past given how the story has been progressing

2 Likes

What? They use real world references in game ALL the time.

For example: the Old Gods are a complete tribute to H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythos and their names are even practically copied except for a few letters changed.

You may still be right for all we know and this could be fake, but this argument doesn’t support that claim sorry to say

Sorry but that is also untrue. The previous expansions with Old God themes say hello (Vanilla, Cataclysm, WotLK, MoP)

Also the Troll themes have been revisited in nearly every expansion so far (Vanilla raids, WotLK dungeons, Cataclysm dungeons, MoP raid and BFA)

Everytime that I leak information I make sure to include my identity and credentials as well. This basically insures that I will never get a job working in that field again. I don’t like careers.

3 Likes

It wasn’t his writing that finished the show. George R.R. Martin has only written up to the point where…SPOILER ALERT…Jon gets stabbed by the Nights Watch. Anything from that point out was D&D’s writing which is why the show has declined.

As for some of the twists introduced from there on out that is what he was referencing …SPOILER ALERT… probably referring to Bran being named king likely and Arya killing the night king. D&D have even openly said it was probably going to be Jon to kill the NK but it didn’t feel “right?”

I do and I don’t feel bad for GRRM because he created this world that is so epic in the books and translated really well to the small screen with D&D following the source material as a guide until there was no more guide and they shat the bed. I don’t feel bad at the same time though because it’s taken him SO LONG to write these books and he’s still not even done which is his own doing

Yeah cause far be it from ASSmongold to fake something for view counts.

1 Like

His theories don’t matter. What matters is that this leak makes sense regardless.

So can you like… explain?

So what does that have to do with the validity of the leak?

Asmongold’s stream. And you’re taking it seriously? And just because Pyromancer says this alleged Blizzard employee is real, you believe him?

As for Ion’s childhood trip to Greece, have you not noticed that his name is Greek? First and last names, actually. Of course, a childhood trip to Greece is going to be significant to him, and he’s going to mention it from time to time in adulthood. It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with his job. (You’d never be able to shut up my Irish-American self if I’d gotten to visit Ireland at any time in my life.)

2 Likes

My sources say this is 100% true.

1 Like