WoW: Shadowlands Is Probably Real

problem there is, someone might’ve thought… hey this guy has cool ideas. lets use them to make a fake leak and laugh at all the people who fall for it. normally, i’m not this skeptical. but i need more confirmation in this case. it looks cool. it sounds possible.

do you happen to have a condensed list of what the supposed leak contains besides the image? like details regarding races, classes, professions?

1 Like

…why would you put yourself through that suffering?

6 Likes

You’re 100% correct in being weary. I just find of all leaks to have ever come out, this one seems very realistic and logical. But you never know

There was no info from what I saw about races, but a new tinker class excluded to goblins and gnomes as well as meeting old fallen heroes like Vol’Jin, Uther, etc.

Saw the map on Pyromancer’s video… I’d say it’s probably reach the point that it’s a VERY high quality hoax or quite possibly the real thing. Leaning towards the latter.

I’m inclined to agree, and probably done in a way to suggest it was a genuine leak.

On another note, Blizz has to stop spoiling the majority of their storylines BEFORE the expansion is release… or most egregiously in this case, before the announcement.

… not that it’s all that interesting.

I’d put it down as an amusing coincidence more than anything else, there’s been a slow but definite build-up towards this plot line.

I also think they should consider re-naming it just because “Shadowlands” is too close to Shadowbringers.

2 Likes

So if I read any new lore that comes out 5 minutes before you, I will forever be your superior in knowledge of that lore, and not based on whether I understand it or not?

Ok, got it.

Actually, if anything, by your logic you would know the lore worse than Pyromancer, because he read the lore in the context of post-retcon, whereas you have to sort out all the retconned out, extraneous details that are no longer canon, and thus no longer relevant

1 Like

People are overthinking this.

4 Likes

Very well could be. BfA’s had a lukewarm reception (not as bad as WoD, but not as good as Legion)

Leaking early maps, storyboards, or early partial plot points could be a way to test the waters with a significant portion of the userbase.

Could all be a lie though too. Who knows? Can we trust that Pyromancer’s story about being contacted by a Blizz employee is true? I dunno myself.

I do know that no matter what anyone in this or any other thread says, I’ll never watch any content by Asmongold. Dude is fake news.

2 Likes

Personally I find Pyromancer to be a more honest youtuber but you never really know right? He definately seems honest though IMHO

2 Likes

It’s about as real as Sylvanas’ mercy for the Alliance.

Oh for sure, he’s better than a lot of the hype artists out there. I dunno, man. I guess he could be legit? Maybe? I don’t know the guy.

if its real, which i have my doubts (though leaning to it being plausible so far), it could just be the name of the zone (shadowlands) and not the name of the expac. for example, legion was the name of an expac but the zone was broken isles (and argus). so as analogy, that’d be the equivalent of seeing a legion leak wherein the name broken isles is on the wow logo. used for internal purposes, rather than for release

1 Like

I don’t really care what the theme or the location of the next expansion, I just want them to change up the template of an expansion they have now.

1 Like

I really doubt we are going to get an expansion where we quest/raid in the game’s underworld.

This is absolutely fake. A well thought out fake, but a fake nonetheless. Pyromancer is clickbait and his “theories” are off the wall wild nonsense that he changes whenever a new patch drops with content/cutscenes. He’s absolutely lying about it being “confirmed” and I wouldn’t doubt that the employee in question is entirely fabricated. This is a bit like getting your information from weekly world news

3 Likes

People say WoW is dying.

Blizzard puts out an expac full of death imagery.

Hmmmm.

1 Like

They probably have several directions to take things. Thus the 3 seperate leaks. Gauging interest in each one, which seemed too out there. This is careful planning on blizzards part. BFA is all cocked up so its a prescreening without us being aware. Not saying what you like about each leak will appear in the expansion but the most popular amongst the crowds will probably make an appearance.

Oh yeah I’m not suggesting they should go out of their way to change it if Shadowlands is what they’ve been working on, it’s just unfortunate if it turns out to be a real leak, given people already love to crap on WoW by comparing it to FFXIV.

lol
no
not even close

I dont totally disagree with you.

I dont love ff14 but i like it lot, wow is still better.

Reviews and word of mouth matter, other people do love ff14 and its trending up

Wrath of the lich king 91 metacritic
Shadowbringers 92