WoW sent me to a fake blizzard site after downloading Overwolf

So since Twitch won’t be supporting addons anymore am i gonna have to start manually doing the files myself from curse website? Because i heard things about Overwolf being sketchy and then BOOM, right after i try to log in to WoW i get a thing saying "Our EULU (or EULA) has changed, and it opened my browser to something clearly not Blizzard’s. Hope i can get a Blue to see this so it can be reported to whoever since that’s where Twitch is suggesting players use to manage their addons… I uninstalled Overwolf immediately and used CCleaner. That’s some sketchy stuff mate.

30 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

5 Likes

Yeah, I refuse to download their stuff after hearing about all the shady stuff they’ve been doing over the years. They’re like that ex who keep promising they changed only to burn your house down in 2 weeks.

17 Likes

The only one who can save us from Overwolf is…

Underdog!

https://i.imgur.com/pAbdQtA.png

87 Likes

…I feel old now

12 Likes

but why’d you download it

had to put this here, hope nobody falls prey to this

7 Likes

What in the Kentucky fried Jesus

10 Likes

0 to 100 real quick

1 Like

I know right, how does a house take a whole two weeks to burn?

15 Likes

I refuse to use anything they put out. When I used to play league I tried it once and they played ads while I was in the loading screen. Garbage company, garbage owners, and whoever runs their reddit constantly lies about features. The dude purposely will fail to mention not only do you need to run the add-on manager, you also need to run overwolf. It WILL NOT WORK unless you have both open. Also the only way to close overwolf? Ending it in task manager. There is no actual exit button because it wants to be able to collect your PCs data as much as possible. Use wowup.

14 Likes

I just googled Overwolf and the top of the page of google results said. I quote.

Is Overwolf malware?

Overwolf is a scumbag company well known for installing malware into people’s computers, and they are now all but holding mods on a ransom. … The rats behind Overwolf have come out and all but declared their intentions to ban Third party managers from using the curse page.Oct 10, 2020

6 Likes

Never install or download anything related to Overwolf. It’s malware.

17 Likes

Isn’t Overwolf trying to cancel that?

Yep. They’re trying to monopolize add-ons by preventing the use of scrapping to obtain the data for them.

…Wait a minute… :thinking:

That’s one of the lines from this thread here.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/overwolf-is-a-cancer-we-cannot-allow-in-wow/671231

2 Likes

This is a matter of being a bit under a rock. It’s common knowledge and you don’t go far to find the answer.

2 Likes

Show me evidence of what color the sky is.

6 Likes

https://scijinks.gov/blue-sky/

17 Likes

Feel free to download it then. It’s no skin off my back period.

5 Likes

How hard is it to provide evidence to show why this company is bad? You’re being combative.

8 Likes