WoW sent me to a fake blizzard site after downloading Overwolf

Because this has been a problem in the community and people don’t want to use google.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=overwolf+spyware

Perhaps you’re right.

Idk what proof you want other than googling it. It’s literally everywhere. I also just explained exactly what happened right after i downloaded it. I opened WoW login screen, and after trying to log in, it gives me a popup saying “Our suchandsuch has changed, please log into our website”; something of the sort, i didnt screenshot it bc i wanted that garbage off my pc asap. I have never had that popup come up in the 9 years I’ve been playing this game. And the website link was clearly not blizzards, it was very obvious. My cleaner cleaned my browser history and all that so all of that is gone. So research any more “proof” you think you need or download it yourself and see.

2 Likes

Also that popup is “magically” gone from my login screen right after uninstalling Overwolf and cleansing my pc. Do what you will with that info.

That has NOTHING to do with Overwolf. Below is the reason.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/real-id-part-2/717836

10 Likes

I’ve been Using the CurseForge app since the open Alpha started and there is no malware or spyware.

7 Likes

Ok we’re talking about Overwolf not the curseforge app.

1 Like

Same thing the CurseForge app is part of Overwolf.

4 Likes

If they were the same thing then why would they have 2 different names. I think some people are missing the point here out of ignorance lol.

1 Like

Same with me. Was playing the game, got DC’d randomly, and then got the Blizzard Entertainment Online Privacy Policy page when I went to log back in. I don’t have Overwolf, either.

5 Likes

That’s also not what im talking about. The big details here is i was sent to a sketchy site that looked nothing like a blizzard site based off the link. Let’s try reading the entire post.

3 Likes

me too.

Okay I can see there’s some decline in the ability to read the initial post.

4 Likes

the message you got has nothing to do with overwolf

5 Likes

The CurseForge app is is made by Overwolf along with a lot of other apps. You need Overwolf installed for the CurseForge app.

Everybody has gotten that popup or will due to a change made by Blizzard it has nothing to do with Overwolf.

3 Likes

Here’s a summary for all the tiny brains having a hard time with this: Weird stuff happened only after downloading overwolf, once said program was uninstalled immediately, weird stuff no longer was there.

8 Likes

Nope. Use WoWup.io or Ajour.

That popped up for everyone on Bnet and has nothing to do with Overwolf. Blizz updated the EULA.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

8 Likes

here’s a summary for you: we all got the same message despite not installing overwolf

11 Likes

You’re going to have to show proof because it doesn’t work that way.

7 Likes

I got that message and I haven’t download Overwolf .

2 Likes

Interesting