WoW Pay to Win situation

Yeah, I know… :cry:

No. Just no. You can not base an argument on “some players don’t have time”. That is piss poor reasoning and a bad basis for any argument. It is perfectly possible to make large amounts of gold in this game in a reasonable time frame without spending your entire life in it. You are just coming off as a petulant child now crying because your goldfarming skills are inadequate.

2 Likes

Still not answering my question. Did those people fork out cash to buy them only to put them on AH?

If the answer is no, they did not fork out cash, then the game is not pay to win.

1 Like

Nah, Champ.

Quit getting your information from Asmon, he’s not that educated when it comes to how the real world works.

4 Likes

Okay, let’s see the metrics…you have the numbers right?

Yup, I get my local news from InfoWars.

petulant child ? Again harassing.

If I can spend real money to get 7 gushing wounds corruption (or IS or any other corruption) months if not years before other players not spending real money, IS IT pay to win? I think, it is. Also it is the official definition of pay to win.

Bye.

It doesn’t matter what you think, that’s ain’t the definition;

1 Like

in my parts, we call this blowing smoke…

You haven’t been on the internet long if you think that is harassing.

Who made you king to decide what the official definition is?

1 Like

Still waiting for those metrics…

Cuz the streamer said so. The streamer’s words are always right. Everyone else’s are wrong.

Note: this is sarcasm in case op didn’t get it.

4 Likes

Because a Streamer would never resort to click-bait ignorance to get views, right?!

3 Likes

Most definitely! The words of god!

2 Likes

Okay so to start with, one, no one was getting any of these items ‘months if not years’ before other players. Corruption has only been a thing since 8.3 dropped, and being able to craft that type of gear isn’t something that someone can just pick up on a whim, you actually have to put a lot of effort into crafting to be able to craft that type of stuff.

Additionally, since corruption is 100% RNG dependent (unless you get loot from visions, which is 100% guaranteed to be corrupted), it would take dozens of crafts to get a corrupted piece with the exact corruption affix. So in reality this is not as big of an issue as ‘Johnny Streamer’ says it is.

Finally, there is the big thing that makes it not pay to win, and that is quite simply that these items are purchasable for gold. Not real $$ or a currency that can only be purchased with real $$. Anyone who farms gold without buying a token can purchase these items, and there are plenty of people who have enough gold to buy those things whenever they want.

Buying items from the AH is not pay to win in any way, shape or form.

4 Likes

I can certainly say the OPs argument went splat like a soggy diaper when he used a that streamer for his information. Kids, this is why you need to vet your sources.

1 Like

Op’s logic states this is p2w. I’m surprised he even started playing when BOE exists in vanilla.

What crafting? WTF

I can certainly say the OPs argument went splat like a soggy diaper when he used a that streamer for his information. Kids, this is why you need to vet your sources.

Its funny how hateness to particular streamer makes some people blind to reason.

Its funny how no one thought wow is p2w before the streamer said it.

Game is totally p2w guys! Those people selling the gears on AH definitely fork out cash to buy them from the cash shop only to sell them!

Sarcasm off.

3 Likes