WoW Pay to Win situation

​​​​​​​​​​Pay-to-win is when you have to buy gear from the cash shop, because there is no option to obtain it in-game. You buying gear in the auction house isn’t pay-to-win, it’s just you being to lazy or inept to farm it yourself. You are not forced.

3 Likes

Well you made a video post, about the exact same topic, with basically the exact same title as someone else whose post is still on the front page.

I didn’t call you personally a sheep, however it’s a constant flow of people without an independant thought in their head, just sharing their favorite youtubers videos as if it’s the gospel truth, and always going “I dunno, maybe they have a point, what do you think?” or some dumb variation of it.

WoW isn’t P2W. Period.

It has never been P2W, even if you do farm up all the gold you can or swipe your stupid credit card a million times and rack up thousands of dollars to buy a few corruption peices off the AH for stupid prices, that doesn’t mean your going to Auto win.

You’ll just be an idiot with very expensive gear, doing mediocre / passing damage, and be completely floored by anyone who knows what they are doing.

3 Likes

No it isn’t. It is not pay to win unless you are paying Blizzard directly for something that is not available in any other way.

No it isn’t impossible. Unlikely maybe but it is not impossible. Real money is not required. You can cap gold in this game without paying a cent of real money and buy all of those things on the auction house. Real money never has to come into the equation. Just because you and others can choose to take an easy route and buy in game currency does not make it pay to win.

Really?

pay-to-win

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Well you made a video post, about the exact same topic, with basically the exact same title as someone else whose post is still on the front page.

There were no any related topics on front page that I was aware when I made my post. I am NOT trolling, spamming or anything else. And stop harassing me.

A difference of opinion isn’t harassment, get over yourself.

4 Likes

You called me sheep.

We are not harassing you, your argument is falling apart. Playing victim isn’t gonna change it.

3 Likes

Nope, that has nothing to do with pay-to-win. You’ve never actually played a P2W game before, have you?

Gonna ask again, where is the cash option located on the AH in game?

1 Like

I don’t see any contra arguments really. Some fake definitions of “pay to win” are not contra arguments. And again can you show your real profile so we can see if you really play the game or you are just here to harass real players?

Which is exactly what your definition of the term is. Yours is made up to suit your own biased narrative, ours isn’t.

1 Like

What? Its definition of pay to win.

Ah here we go, character attacks. Just proving your argument has no legs. I can defiantly tell you never present a formal paper in college.

Again, where is the cash ($) option located in the Auction House?

1 Like

Nope;

3 Likes

No, I made a general statement that it seems everytime a youtuber posts their opinion in video format, people who are uninformed, and have no personal thoughts of their own flood the forum posting the video like it’s the gospel truth.

I called those types of people sheep, I didn’t directly call you a sheep.

Seriously stop pretending to be the victim of a difference of opinion.

You still haven’t proven in any way WoW is P2W, because it’s simply not.

This isn’t a new topic of discussion, many have tried to claim it was P2W before you, and more will continue to try to argue it is, but it’s still not.

Unless your idea of winning is mount collecting, then it’s slightly tid-bid P2W, but then you can just farm gold and buy tokens for B-net balances to buy the moutns, so it’s still not even P2W in that aspect.

2 Likes

Oh that’s simple, go to AH, go to WoW Token tab. Let me know if you need any other help.

Pay-to-win by definition is when you can spend real money to buy an exclusive in-game item that cannot be acquired any other way than a cash shop.

What? Name me game like that?

pay-to-win

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Soon?
This has been gone over already.
It’s a non-issue, seeing as in SL, stuff like corruptions will be going away.

By this logic, wow had been p2w since vanilla since boe exists since then…

Wow is NOT p2w.

Then again

Obligatory can i have your gold?

1 Like

Nope;

wut? That’s neither here or there… so you are saying buying a token is pay to win now?