WoW Pay to Win situation

This is not pay to win. If all these items were sold on the blizzard shop and that was the only way to get them then that would be pay to win.

These are items that drop in game being sold by players in game for in game currency. By its very nature that can not and never will be pay to win because it does not require you to use real money paid to Blizzard. Just because it is possible to obtain in game currency using real world money does not make it pay to win.

16 Likes

Allow me to state preemptively…

Bye.

2 Likes

What? Are you serious? Just go to the Auction House? Did you ever hear about one?

It is real hard to believe that all of a sudden you think the game is pay to win when things have been exactly the same for the last 4 plus years, i.e. tokens and boes. I guess it took a streamer to point this out of you for you to realize it?

It was not the same. Previously you could buy crap BoE but they were never BIS. Now you can buy BOE with BiS corruption. Stats have much less impact than corruption in current meta.

Many people wear 7 gushing wounds corruptions. This is broken. There is no way they could get 7 gushing wound corruptions by now not spending real money.

1 Like

You can take this even further and say this game has always had a ““PAY TO WIN”” situation. Even before tokens gold has always had a real life monetary value to it just not set by a system blizzard added but set by the gold farmers hacking peoples accounts, stealing their stuff and running bots.

1 Like

Bye then Teufelgott.

You can take this even further and say this game has always had a ““PAY TO WIN”” situation. Even before tokens gold has always had a real life monetary value to it just not set by a system blizzard added but set by the gold farmers hacking peoples accounts, stealing their stuff and running bots.

It was not the same. Previously you could buy crap BoE but they were never BIS. Now you can buy BOE with BiS corruption. Stats have much less impact than corruption in current meta.

Many people wear 7 gushing wounds corruptions. This is broken. There is no way they could get 7 gushing wound corruptions by now not spending real money.

And selling good BoEs for gold has been done since vanilla. How is that pay for win? That how I make my gold. I run stuff and sell the drops.

Wow Thundertotem, you flagged my post having no idea what I am talking about? Nice.

And selling good BoEs for gold has been done since vanilla. How is that pay for win? That how I make my gold. I run stuff and sell the drops.

2 Likes

WoW is absolutely pay-to-win.

You can’t win the game if you don’t play the game.
You can’t play the game if you don’t buy the game.
You can’t buy the game without paying for the game.

3 Likes

Have seen how much gold people make in this game just by farming? It borders on obscene, I know quite a few people at gold cap on several characters.

2 Likes

More accurately, your post was flagged because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

9 Likes

Wait wut? :confused:

2 Likes

I don’t mind paying for the game and subscriptions.
I mind paying for gear to stay competitive inside the game.

More accurately, your post was flagged because you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Wow, your comments show you have no idea what I am talking about.

No, you don’t. Because you have absolutely no idea what pay to win means.

Here let me restate my post that you completely ignored.

3 Likes

You don’t have to pay for gear to stay competitive. All that gear is available in-game without the need for RMT.

Pay-to-win, by definition, means that the only path to victory is through the cash shop. You don’t have to buy a single damn thing to beat the endgame.

Edit - Protip: the auction house is not the cash shop. Buying in-game gear with in-game currency is not RMT, nor is it p2w.

7 Likes

Exactly. P2W means you can buy an item that is exclusively sold on an in-game cash shop and can be acquired no other way. WoW has nothing like this, and therefore is not P2W.

All these mooks twisting the definition of a term is ignorance at its finest.

6 Likes

If Blizzard is selling gear on a RMT site, please link it. If it’s really a Blizzard site, it should be fine.

Wow isn’t pay to win, stop spamming the exact same thread, there’s another thread literally exactly like this.

Seriously, why is it everytime some youtuber does a video posting their opinion a buncha sheep followers spam the forums, and just post the video and go “WUT DO U THINK? THOUGHTS?” or some other pointless comment.

2 Likes

This is not pay to win. If all these items were sold on the blizzard shop and that was the only way to get them then that would be pay to win.

No, pay to win is when you can spend $ to buy items from AH to make advantage over other players. This situation forces most players to buy gold with $ too.

These are items that drop in game being sold by players in game for in game currency. By its very nature that can not and never will be pay to win because it does not require you to use real money paid to Blizzard. Just because it is possible to obtain in game currency using real world money does not make it pay to win.

Yes it does. Because these BOE items are Best In Slot items right now.

It impossible for most players to have 7 gushing wounds corruptions (as a example) without buying them from AH for real money. Real money creates big advantage. This is Pay to Win. All Pay to Win games are like that.

If Blizzard is selling gear on a RMT site, please link it. If it’s really a Blizzard site.

This site don’t sell anything, you buy WoW tokens officially, then go to AH on realm that has item you want, and buy it. You transfer your real money into best in slot item (475). Repeat 7 or more times, GG you won the game.

Um, the AH doesn’t accept $, gold only…

Let’s see a screenshot of buying stuff on the AH with cash as an option. I’m not seeing a purchase with Credit Card option anywhere.

No.

Pay-to-win by definition is when you can spend real money to buy an exclusive in-game item that cannot be acquired any other way than a cash shop.

You’re either ignorant, or a troll. Or both.

3 Likes

You call me sheep? I think your comment is pretty out of topic and harassing me.