WoW Pay to Win situation

Because nothing is being “won”. You can’t have “pay to win” without that critical component.

Yeah, no. You’re essentially arguing that the sky is now red because you’ve decided that you won’t accept the common definition for “blue”.

1 Like

Classic:

-Point of game is fight monsters.
-Fight the monsters to get the gear.
-Get the gear to fight more powerful monsters.
-No real world money to gold currency; you MUST play the game.

Retail:

-Point of the game is to spend real money, human dollars.
-Remember when they created artificial scarcity and removed the dinosaur mount?
-Buy your spot in raids, buy gear so you can meet ilvl requirements.
-Buy, buy, buy. Did you spend money yet?

Pay 2 win, i’m going to say this again, is paying with REAL money to get something IN GAME to have an edge over someone. Ok? This really shouldn’t be hard to understand.

You could buy gold in Classic, it just wasnt thru Blizzard. As long as there was an AH, there was a market to buy gold to purchase gear.

Wait, WoW is P2W now? Where’s my credit card. I’m bout to improve my gear score!!!

2 Likes

You totally can!!

Brutosaur it up my guy.

You’re not getting an edge over someone. Therefore nothing is “won”, therefore it is not “pay to win”.

Again: Actual real pay to win would be something like an item level 500 weapon being sold on the store.

You’re right. It shouldn’t be. But you refuse to abide by the commonly accepted definition of the phrase. It’s like the basic building block that makes language work. You can’t just ignore that so you can keep arguing.

Explain? How does that improve my gear score. Just seems to give me a really over priced mount?

You know a thread is solid gold when its an Asmongold talks about things video!

Yea, you’re spending real money to get gold. Why do you think blizzard started the whole wow token thing?

To combat gold farmers and sellers?

Tell me, kind sir, what exactly do you win? If you have to pay, you don’t win. You just go broke. In order to win, you actually beat the game. You beat nothing except your pocketbook. You will never win in WoW. It’s an ever-progressing game that has no end, so no win.

You’re spending real money to get gold. Meanwhile you can earn as much gold in-game as you want while never even looking at the shop.

Therefore, once again, no advantage is actually occurring. At best, you’re spending real money just to catch up with the person who doesn’t spend money. So you’re not “winning” anything. Which means no “pay to win” is happening.

Whatever definition you’ve cooked up is irrelevant because it’s just flat out wrong.

No it’s not, you’re legit paying with real money to get currency in game. That’s an exmaple of pay 2 win. Refusing to believe that it doesn’t exist doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

This is true.

Also, a bit of a side topic, as someone who earns gold entirely through questing/tokens. The armor you get off the AH hardly seems to be BiS. I think I got my highest gear score to like 400.

The definition is NOT open to interpretation. It is what it is, nothing added, nothing taken away.

3 Likes

But nothing is being “won”. Without that, you can’t have “pay to win”.

No winning = no pay to win.

It’s really that simple. I’m flabbergasted that people keep arguing otherwise.

Yea it is, there’s no universally accepted term for pay 2 win.

There is, but not to you apparently

3 Likes