WoW Pay to Win situation

But do you understand that in order to buy that gear, someone has to run it before? Without buying any gear? That gear didn’t just come into existence by buying it from Blizzard. Someone dropped it.

Yea they do, the advantage is they don’t have to spend the time to farm for the currency.

So, no actual in-game advantage then? Glad we’re finally on the same page.

I didn’t say that at all, you just don’t know how to comprehend what’s being said to you.

blizzard i need this in the store please!

You must make a alot of money per hour to think that you can get Wow tokens faster than making in game gold. (most people don’t)
I can get 3 wow tokens worth of gold and hour casually playing.
Yea if this is your argument then easy win for wow isn’t P2W.

I comprehend plenty, you just don’t know what pay to win actually means so you’re using it as a cudgel for something you don’t like.

Can you buy an item level 500 weapon from the store? Something that would be impossible to acquire in-game at all? No? Hmm.

How about a straight up 10% damage buff from the store? Something that would also be impossible to acquire in-game at all. Hmm, again.

The more you consider actual pay to win mechanics, the less WoW looks like a pay to win game.

Now try again when you can use the commonly accepted definition of the phrase instead of whatever you’ve cooked up.

1 Like

Oh really, I don’t know what pay 2 win means? Because I don’t accept your definition of the term i’m wrong?

It’s not just my definition. It’s the actual definition.

1 Like

Says who? Show me where,

Yeah, you’re wrong because you have to invent a new definition just so you can pretend to have a point.

Going back to what I said earlier, you’re essentially saying arguing that dogs and cats are the same species because you’ve decided that you don’t accept the commonly accepted definition for the word “dog”. That’s how ridiculous you sound.

Is this good enough? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win

1 Like

Oh please I didn’t “invent” anything. It’s blatently obvious that pay 2 win is in wow. Why you’re putting so much effort in to prove that there isn’t is beyond me.

I’m not big on grinding for gold and just use any gear I can from heroic raiding or gear equivalent to that from M+. What sort of advantage does a person have over me from receiving gold from WoW tokens

Imagine thinking spending $200 or $460 on a piece of gear that is useless in 3-5 months is a good investment.

1 Like

Yeah, you did. Otherwise you wouldn’t be claiming that WoW is pay to win.

Why am I trying to correct you from using the wrong terminology? The world may never know.

Yea it is, it’s a simple form of paying to win. How do you not see this?

My terminology of pay 2 win is different than yours, that doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

“He’s so wrong with his idea on pay 2 win I need to tell him right now!!!” - pay 2 win forum expert.

But it is a good investment because you win. DUH.

I’m not going to call a bass a guitar. They both have strings, but they play entirely differently.

1 Like

For 3 months, then I realize that I just spend nearly $500 bucks to have one good piece of gear thats irrelevant in Shadowlands.