WoW Pay to Win situation

Did you die a little inside just by writing that?

1 Like

Which post?

edit: O lol nvm nope. I spoke the truth about some people who play this game.

edit: Ok to be honest I died a little bit yea…but it’s the reality of things.

1 Like

You can get some of the BiS. How many BoEs are in the new raid that can corrupt? Let’s see…

Cloth Legs
Mail Waist
Shield
Offhand
Ring
Leather Feet
Plate Hands

So…those are all things that can corrupt and can be bought with gold. Unless I’m mistaken and more items can corrupt and be sold, that’s not making anyone amazing right now.

That is an insane argument. You have got to be trolling at this point. You buy WoW tokens, sell them on the AH, and use the proceeds to buy BiS 475 corruption gear. Where are you getting lost?

On the P2W part. There is no P2W.

3 Likes

You know you don’t HAVE to buy the gear, you can actually earn it yourself which in turn makes it a non-pay-to-win. If it was pay-for-win, you wouldn’t be able to earn the gear and only be able to buy it.

4 Likes

We already have a thread featuring this click bait trash.

1 Like

“Pay to win” is a spectrum.

By this definition, WoW is not p2w.

By this definition, WoW is p2w, and has been since tokens were introduced.

Agree on a definition. Everything else is a distraction.

It’s like watching a guy argue “Apples grow on trees” and another guy argue “No they’re made in factories in China” and then calling each other names for 200 posts.

2 Likes

Why did we need another thread referencing the same video?

A definition has already been agreed upon many years ago. P2W is being able to purchase objectively better gear with real money that cannot be obtained through normal gameplay without spending real cash for, for example by using premium currencies that can only be purchased with $.

Any other definition is incorrect.

4 Likes

The WoW community (not excluding myself) is way too tolerant of Blizzard’s scummy business practices for anything to ever change. It’s only gonna get worse until WoW finally dies and they release a new cash cow… might as well accept and get used to it now.

What are you winning exactly this is a mostly pve game.

1 Like

Nothing. If that gear truly was making people “Win”, they’d all have CE by now. I’m willing to bet that the vast majority of RMTers don’t have CE, let alone AOTC.

Plus it kind of requires others having cleared the content and / or farm BoEs to sell. They can complain all they want but it’s not that bad.

I never understood the mechanics. How do people buy items on those web pages? You buy the item itself or you pay someone to grind it for you? If you pay for the item, how do they trade it to you if it’s bop?

The website referenced by Asmongold is nothing more than a site that uses AH API data for specific items for easy display.

it’s just information. nothing more.

it literally just shows what items are available on what servers. that’s it. no different than underminejournal.com.

The items in question are a handful of BoE drops that drop in Nya’lotha. They can have tertiary stats, sockets, and corruptions. Note that every raid in recent history has had BoE drops, some very good (though corruption is a whole new ballgame).

if you want to buy an item, you transfer your gold to that server, and buy it, then transfer the item to whatever server you want to use it on.

you’re just buying an in-game item with in-game gold. that’s it. Literally no different than any other raid BoE in the past.

the people who built the site just called it something unfortunate, and a little cheeky. if they hadn’t done that, streamers wouldn’t be hopping all over it for views and their sheeple wouldn’t be ranting on the forums about it.

7 Likes

You have to be that idiotic to think this game is so extreme in the Pay to Win here. In what way is this pay to win? Oh, gonna say “Buy tokens, buy the highest gear available to get me up in that sweet 475 item level” But… Did you not realize you can get it yourself without paying? Not to mention its utterly pointless outside of PvP? You can easily earn gold through your professions, or doing just your regular content. You honestly have to be a hardcore PvPer/Mythic + runner to think it is that outrageous, and if you’re that committed, then do the content, what’s so difficult? Majority of the time that its more like Pay to catch up to current content…

Actually, if you want something so stupid, go look up The Culling Origins. They’re the worst kind of pay to win out there, even by EA standards. You can only play ONE match before forced to wait a day or pay for more matches to play in. Paying for gear in this game when you can potentially earn it yourself. Hell, at least you have the option to buy it yourself with gold that you’ve earned throughout your time in WoW and be up there, it isn’t like you’re forced to pay for it either. Again, what instance is it so bad for you call this out so blindly where you must need a piece of gear that’s so high in demand for any player? Just grind it out like everyone else, like how those people who put it up in the first place for you to grab it.

1 Like

Yeah but. My easy outrage. Doesn’t matter if it has valid points. Just want the upvotes and validations for my baseless outrage.

The guy is doing mythic plus dungeons and not high enough to be competing in tournaments - there is no advantage over other players because he isn’t competing with other players.

0:45

1 Like