WoW Pay to Win situation

Why are you saying an unpeeled banana isn’t food?

Because this isn’t a banana. This is a cantaloupe. You’re talking about RMT, not pay to win.

1 Like

You are winning at life if you always have the best gear in WoW at all times.

1A Buy a banana 1B Buy wow token
2A Peel banana 2B Sell wow token for gold on AH
3A Eat banana 3B Buy Bis corruption

WoW is banana

Buying gold with real cash is RMT.
RMT = Real Money Trading.

1 Like

The auction house with the real life money you spent on tokens.

edit: Selling tokens=gold. Then just go to the site find what you want and buy it on that realm. Although you may have to spend money to transfer your character over and back.

Edit: I don’t remember if you can send gold over to characters on a different realm if they are the same faction…I don’t think so.

WoW is banana.

1 Like

Yes, however blizzard is NOT selling gear. Third parties are, P2W is when, for example, I could buy a sword of god mode and delete everything with 1 hit and that sword being only obtainable through the cash store. No such thing exists, exchanging a WoW token for gold is RMT.

The only way to do it is with battle pets.

The site is not selling anything. It is just showing what is available across all auction houses.

edit: Your right though, it is the players driving the whole thing.

Still doesn’t make it pay to win, though. Plus we both know that gear doesn’t make someone win.

1 Like

Eh I bet there are a quite a few kids or rich people who must always have the best gear not matter what willing to swipe the old credit card so to speak and think they are the best player in the game.

I bought a pair of gloves with token gold and since then I have just been winning left and right. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Earn glad wearing no gear then

Can you try that sentence again?

Edit: Oh earn gladiator. You’re conflicting many issues into one. PVE gearing vs PVP gearing are not the same issues as RMT.

1 Like

Gotta earn that mythic raid spot somehow.

It is quite clear you just want to be right. You’d call a harpsichord a piano and then rage at others for telling you that a harpsichord and pianos being completely different.

All I’m saying is that WoW is not P2W, RMT problems exists. But keep raging.

1 Like

Hmmm, how much would it cost someone to buy their BiS BoE corruption gear at tier 3. A few hundred dollars or am I off by a bit?

With the majority here as far as if WoW is P2W:

It’s not.

I can make the gold to buy the pieces as easily as someone buying a token. I’m sitting on 4.5 million gold right now and can use that to get multiple pieces of BiS gear on the AH. I have never sold a token for gold, and only purchased a few for gold in the past.

Unless there is a premium currency you can only get with real life money, and that currency is the only source of amazing gear, then the game isn’t P2W. And I honestly could care infinitely less if some guy known for overreactions and click bait, and for his incredibly toxic fan base, says it is or isn’t. He can have his opinion, but it’s grounded by an inaccurate definition of the term P2W.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I’m talking about.

It is still pay to deck yourself out in the best gear. To some that is winning.