WoW or New World?

One or the other, neither or both, who knows

If you get New World, DO NOT PLAY UNTIL NEXT MONTH.

The devs are currently revamping the new player experience that will be released next month when the next big update hits. Having played the PTR, it is a SIGNIFICANTLY better experience than what is in the game currently. Better quests, better mob variety, and better introduction to in-game systems.

As for the game itself, I personally like it, but I also like RuneScape and I find New World’s systems to be akin to that game. It’s more sandbox-oriented with no classes, has a huge emphasis on gathering and crafting, and leans more towards PvP. The next update that hits in October is supposed to add a lot of new endgame stuff so take that with what you will. That said, it’s highly unlikely that the game will ever match WoW with regards to endgame focus because that’s not really the point of the game.

If you go in expecting WoW, you will be disappointed. If you go in expecting an ARPG with a high emphasis on gathering and crafting, you’ll probably enjoy yourself. It’s not inherently a bad game like some people say it is. It just has some flaws that get in the way more often than they should. But again, you should wait until next month to play it if you do.

Off-topic note: Not entirely sure what rig you’re running on, but New World is not a very well optimized game, so be prepared to have your performance tank.

1 Like

Yeah, unless you have 16GB+ of RAM and at least a 7th gen CPU and a mid to high end GPU you will barely be able to play and in a busy city you will just crash. New World is not playable on an integrated GPU either

Cool game.

“Don’t play right now! Wait some more!”.

You could say the same about WOW right now too though.

Not really no. S4 is easy to catch up on and now is a great time to reroll or make a new toon for Dragonflight.

I think the game is decent. I think the patch next month will make it better. OP would have a decent time playing the game right now but they would have an even better time if they waited until next month to play it. It’s $20 right now, which is probably why they’re asking. If they have any intention on playing, they should get it now while it’s on sale.

This isn’t the takedown you think it is.

You do understand that WoW is the epitome of “wait until it’s get better!” game design, right? How many times in the last three expansions have we had to wait until the .1 or .2 patch before the expansion actually got better?

It’s the literal opposite but ok.

To get better? sure.

To play ? It’s dumb to wait. If you join in .1 or .2, you’re behind and your gameplay is posting on GD about how no one wants to take you anywhere in groups.

WoW is a “always be there day 1, ready to go” game.

I guess, if you don’t mind LFR or finding a group for normal raids or M+. although most likely the pre-release event gear will be easier to get and will be about as good as the S4 LFR rewards.

Finding a group for M+ takes like 5 minutes.

It’s also pretty much WoW’s endgame, like it won’t be suddenly different in DF.

It depends if you want new world content. New world doesnt have a lot of content and has a definitive reachable end from a PVE standpoint. WoWs “end” is mostly unachievable.

I geared a 625 set for each expedition. Cleared each one at m10. And decided I was done. I will probably check out brimstone sands but people in this thread are acting like you have to choose one.

If world PVP is what you are after New World is what you want. If endless PVE content is what you want WoW is going to provide that alot better.

New world has a ton of issues and a short grind at end game that has an end point. Do what you want with that info. They are very different games living under the same genre umbrella.

How is it the literal opposite? Every expansion cycle is the exact same. Beta comes out, players point out glaring issues, Blizzard releases game in poor state while ignoring said glaring issues, and then in the .2/.3 patch, they implement the things that fix those glaring issues that should have been resolved before the expansion even came out.

It’s “playable,” but it’s not exactly fun.

All you’re doing is demonstrating how much you’re missing the point here. I’m not telling them to wait because the game is bad. The game is playable as it is, but the game will be better next month, just like how WoW is at every expansion launch and then subsequent patch releases.

Additionally, the only reason I’m telling them to wait is because it’s literally less than a month away. I would tell any person, regardless of game, to wait to play something if the next patch is going to improve upon things that make the experience better for said person and it’s less than a month out.

Because WoW always has something to do and is ready to go and the earlier you get in, the less catching up you have to do.

Never “wait for the next patch”, you’ll lose a week just prepping for the patch and then will still be behind.

Yeah and get in ahead of the game. That’s what generates the most complaints on GD : people that waited around instead of getting ready to go. And when they are ready to go, they see no one on the starting line, everyone is way beyond the horizon.

No, you’re missing the point : New World is a dead game, and waiting even more for a “New player experience!” not 1 year into its release is just further proof it’s not even worth bothering for.

It’s basically FFXIV 1.0. They had a screwed up launch with a bad game and now they are scrambling. Best to just let them fail.

This is a terrible mentality and truly highlights what’s wrong with WoW’s FOMO game design philosophy. New World is not that kind of game. It’s also a ridiculous point because it assumes OP even cares about this kind of thing.

Anyone who compares any game’s launch to FFXIV 1.0 didn’t actually play FFXIV 1.0.

New World was playable. FFXIV was not. New World has a solid foundation, it just has some kinks that need to be worked out.

FFXIV was such a bad game that they immediately made it F2P following its release, the guy who lead the team developing the game was replaced, and they nuked it in exchange for a complete redesign.

EDIT: Here’s some FFXIV 1.0 footage if you actually think New World is comparable. The game was an unmitigated disaster.

It’s how to best play WoW. Prep before patch, not at patch launch. Always.

That’s ok, no one played New World either.

The only thing I liked about NW was the sound. That department did a great job.

1 Like

That’s ok, no one played New World either.

Pretty ignorant to make this statement when we have steam charts to look at. New Worlds player count isnt a mystery like WoWs is.

1 Like

NW kept me for 2 or 3 weeks. Pretty terrible game.

2 Likes

And that’s exactly the problem with the game: The fact that you need to “prep” at all is really telling what kind of game it is. Whereas New World is less paced around a race to the endgame and more about running around and doing whatever it is you want to do.

OP wanted opinions and I gave my opinion. It clearly triggered you into trying to instigate something with me so I’m gonna go ahead and bow out of the conversation for the sake of this thread.