WoW or New World?

I don’t know if they’ve added new content, but, in my personal experience:

I was pretty hyped up about NW in its launch. I found the first levels to be awesome, the combat mechanics fresh and exciting and the world beautiful. But then, as I leveled up, I started to notice the obvious. Every zone was just the same zone with different skin. Enemies were the same under a different skin and level. Even dungeons were the same enemies. Quests were also extremely repetitive and, the worst of all, there was basically no end game content, just mindless grinding.

I know wow reuses models for NPCs and mobs, and quests are indeed repetitive in an MMORPG, but this was another level. It’s like they created 10 different mobs and 3 different quests and just copied pasted all over the world.

WoW is like a grinding free game compared to that.

Maybe they have fixed those things, I think I would check it up sometime again, but it was a big disappointment at launch.

1 Like

What about, genshin inpact

Ok, I’ll make it easier for you.
In the military we would occasionally get
survey’s on things.
The usual 1-5 feel strongly for or feel strongly against.
I guarantee you most people put 3 “Indifferent”.
Made the survey worthless.
People like choices, but when presented too many choices,
they choose nothing.

1 Like

The new desert biome might be the only reason I would download it again but I’m not really sure. All of people I played it with have abandoned it.

The Sims would be a better option atm

Minecraft for horny teenagers then. That’s actually a brilliant business idea.

1 Like

Better graphics is subjective. Especially with some of those MC texture packs.
Conan has that ugly free to play “realistic” texture approach which I frankly hate in any game.

As for new world, just don’t bother.
If you want a new/different MMO, there’s 2 options.
GW2 if you’re just a big MMO gameplay fan and enjoy PVP.
Or FF14.

And it ain’t a half bad game.

no <3 at all for ashes of creation or pantheon rise of the fallen?

riot is the most promising but i got some hopium left for the other 2

I will let you know in 2050.

2 Likes

FFXIV, after you click through 3 hours of speech bubbles?

Think it’s more like 200 hours of speech bubbles.

But don’t worry, if you get bored, there are 9283085032 superfans to insist that the story is great if you just give it another 150 hours!

2 Likes

There’s also ESO and SWTOR.

Unfortunately for me I have played them all and they are all still missing… something.

New World is all about pvp and nothing more. They might be trying to turn it into a pvp and pve game but as it stands everything is about a dominating group and a few pushing them.

After they added the group finder tool and are working to revamp leveling my interesting in NW has peaked tho. Not to mention they iterate on existing weapons and add new ones that could be fun to play while leveling and doing max content.

New World is beautiful and has some good features, but the end-game is rough, there are no Vendors where you can sell things, everything is crafted and sold through an auction house. Every town has taxes and those are set by whatever guild captured the town, so owning a house or crafting can be VERY expensive in some towns. World PVP is not worth attempting until you are max level, geared and in a big group. The main story requires you to do dungeons and it is difficult to find a group unless you have a guild, although they have added a group finder tool after I stopped playing, so it might not be as bad.

Also, the worst thing are the BOTS, when you start a character, stay in the starting area for a while, you will see BOT after BOT spawn into the world and all run to the same spot and then turn 90 degrees and run to the nearest gathering resource, this happens non-stop, all day (at least the last time I logged on).

1 Like

SWTOR is worth playing for free until you complete every class storyline and then maybe pick your favorite and do the first two expacs (which are also included for free I believe). If you like it, you can sub for one month and permanenly unlock every expac except the newest and unlock many percs that make the game better, then unsub and play until you get bored.

Is this game actually good? I grew up on Disney stuff and it caught my eye lol

1 Like

If you are Gen Z or just a weeboo, then you love it, everyone else will get sick of the “gotcha” aspect unless they get sick of Paimon first.

1 Like