WoW or New World?

I mean, i do agree that NW screwed up royally by moving away from their initial model because they proved they didnt have squat of engaging PvE themepark elements laid out.

So what you got was a hybrid amalgamation of confused mess between pvp and pve gameplay called New World.

Now, that doesnt invalidate WoW pVp being equally as terrible in its own way and openworld pvp, which was advertised not long ago, as a big selling point.

They should’ve kept pvp servers.

It’s a lack of something… I think experience? Or understanding? Something is missing that you would think with as much money as Amazon has they could take into account. I think part of the problem was the guy they had running AGS had zero gaming experience. It has really shown. NW does have potential but it definitely was released way too early and not nearly with enough meat on the bone.

2 Likes

Yep, and the game suffers immensely for it. It’s a shame. I don’t even really like hardcore PvP games and probably would’ve passed on NW completely if it stayed that way, but they probably would’ve made their other more PvP oriented customers much happier and benefited in the long run from a more niche but more satisfied community.

Totally. I’m not defending WoW in any way. Just saying that they suffer very different problems lol.

Also agree, ftr.

Honestly can’t say :person_shrugging:
Wow will unquestionably be here forever but I can’t say the same for New World. I want to say pick wow for that reason alone but if you like NewWorld better AND it sticks around then I would say go with that.

This is exactly the issue.
It was built from its core as a PvP game but they folded to pve care bears very shortly before release.

It wouldn’t have ended well either way.
They are completely clueless when implementing server resources.
Performance in cities is horrid and when wpvp does happen the lag and fps drops are absolutely nuts.
Not to mention that lag compensation basically does not exist or is made by a literal monkey.

Wait, new world is still around?

1 Like

As much as I don’t like this kind of rhetoric lol the real problem is that they didn’t even do this well. They were like oh okay we’ll try some PvE and then they iterated the most bare-bones ridiculous fetch quests and story-through-notes job I’ve ever seen in my life. Not to mention making dungeons so impossible to get into and run on repeat that their PvE crowd couldn’t even enjoy themselves that way. :roll_eyes:

They reversed course because “lol pvprs r meen. who knew?”

AND to add to this, most of the griefing that was happening in the original alpha was high level players going to the starting area and killing the level 1 noobs (as revealed by others comments who played through it).

Like…hello? Obviously this is bad design? Developers hi any experience with MMOs?

Lol, their lack of tenure in this vertical shows what happens when you make bad decisions. All they had to do was make openworld pvp off limits in and around starting areas and the griefing would’ve stopped.

It would have given players enough of a cushion to level up and progress out of the safe zone.

But nah, they decided to gut everything instead.

And for those reasons, im out.

1 Like

I actually play a lot of New World and have since it launched. Reason I say that is New World has gotten a lot better since then. AGS still has issues every time they launch a patch (more than any other mmo I have played) but, the game is a lot of fun.

New World though is mostly about pvp and crafting so if you don’t like the grinds in WoW, then you will not like them in New World. The RNG is 3894732 times worse in New World than WoW and any other mmo. There are “dungeons” called Expeditions which are amazing and those drop great items and mostly easy to get and will always have the same stats. The real RNG comes from crafting as most BiS comes crafting but you can spend a ton of money and get bad rolls on your gear because there is a lot involved.

Crafting you can use items to get 1 or 2 for sure perks but the 3rd perk and if it will even be a legendary (which obviously you want) is all on RNG and it isn’t good. If you aren’t into crafting then your best to farm gold and buy them on their Trading Post from people.

Combat is different and fun. It goes off the 2 weapons you use so you select abilities from the ability tree per weapon and then you can use 3 of the main abilities.

End game they use their dungeons and do a m+ type also. So each week 2 of the dungeons become “mutated” which is like m+ so you can do mutation 1-10. Works the same way as m+. No raids yet though but pvp plays a huge part in end game because there are 3 factions and factions control most zones so you do wars etc. to try and get your faction to control territories as it gives you cheaper housing, perks, and other things.

The big patch comes out in Oct which will add a new zone and a lot of other updates so now would be the time to get in on it.

I can go into more details if you need but I still love WoW but am loving New World as well. Both different styles of mmos.

It’s Minecraft with better graphics.
If you like Minecraft, you’ll like New World

id actually give it a go if you were right. but youre so wrong :wink:

Not at all, tell me what you do in Minecraft.
Then tell me what you do in New World.

can i make machines and circuits and farm things automatically only with my machines?

stay busy only working on the technical side of things?

That’s it’s only saving grace?

I could say Conan Exiles is Minecraft with better graphics and full nudity.
Yeah, that works well.

2 Likes

The problem is, people always want choices.
So you give them an open sand-box, do whatever they want.
inevitably, they choose nothing.

omg their coming out with an update i should play it. ya sure if you like dead mmo’s. it’s really sad mmo players are desperate and just go play the garbage cause they want a new great mmo that just keeps not coming out. riot is the last hope for something great.

Not hardly. If it was. I would love that game.

There ya go. Coincidentally I am playing Exiles right now.

I don’t know where to go, I don’t know what to do.
So player retention drops off rapidly.
Look at Eve Online when that first launched and the meme
about the learning curve :stuck_out_tongue: