WoW - Numbers don't lie - Bellular

All, I can say is if you think WoW is over you are crazy! There is tons of ways for them to still make lots of money with this game even if you won’t like those ways.

Just so we’re clear here, the opening day sales of SL literally paid for all the work they will do on this expansion, and likely the next one.

This isn’t including subs and the cash shop.

1 Like

Nobody said WoW is over. Everquest is still going, dude. Everquest 1.

1 Like

Oh and also let’s not forget our old friend

Everquest is still going so I see no reason Wow won’t continue going :man_shrugging:

We need 19 more expansions to catchup :laughing:

2 Likes

It didn’t even take 200 pulls for WF guilds. It was never nerfed until late into the tier so it took a little longer for most guilds though.

He died on the second week of Mythic. Sylvanas died on the final day of the first week to put things into perspective.

1 Like

Hey another useless youtuber advertisement.

6 Likes

Nothing in his presentation that I saw runs contrary to earnings. It is very possible to make more money from less people.

Micro transactions can be a huge source as well as people who ONLY play Classic or Classic BC. These could easily cause a revenue shift to the positive.

But he presents really good evidence that the max level player base in Shadowlands is shrinking harshly.

5 Likes

I agreed with that earlier and admitted I was wrong.

i blocked his channel from my youtube feed , i am done with his toxicity for views

1 Like

AND one more thing, I don’t personally like non official sources when it comes to population counts but

I don’t think the most doomsaying of all wow doomsayers will honestly say that wow has less than 1m players so Everquest is getting along with sub 100k I’m sure wow will be fine

1 Like

Bellular has become the Alex Jones of wow.

2 Likes

I’d give it another expac before I believe WoW would enter an idle stage(forgot what the actual name of it was)

If the next expansion is as big or bigger a failure then i don’t see WoW moving forward with any more content.

They NEED to knock it out of the park because a lot of players (who only played WoW and now actually gave other mmos a chance and realized that other games can actually scratch that mmo itch perfectly) aren’t going to be willing to jump back if it’s subpar.

3 strikes your out. Blizz has 2 at the moment.

From what I heard from former WoW devs on twitter D4 had been completely reworked from a Soul like game to a more recognizable Diablo like game which is where the long delay is coming from. Still it flat out pisses me off that they never did a 2nd xpac and finish the D3 story.

2 Likes

Please do. I will make a channel about my opinions of your channel. It will be great!!!

…then once a week we will have a round table discussion at a rectangle table (in case either of us takes a side) and discuss our views on our opinions of the week. If we do the weekly wrap up show like drunken history, we will be the number one show. :joy:

1 Like

Before the bomb dropped, my guild and I came to horde because alliance was dead. Took hours to form keys at the best of times. When we first got here, it was great. Easy to form groups at all level of keys.

Now? It’s just like alliance was before we made the switch. I don’t think anyone who didn’t make the swap at the same time would be able to see the difference as starkly.

6 Likes

When someone says “source plz” in regards to why WoW is failing this is a good source. It contains a lot of data from various sources and vellum are names each one of them. It’s wow version of someone presenting his research.

Numbers aren’t opinions.

3 Likes

And anecdotes aren’t data. But this is GD, largely this lot is proud of its ignorance. It’s like arguing with a moldy wall.

3 Likes

I don’t care either way, if I enjoy the game, then I play. Honestly though, you have no idea how much it costs for them to develop a new expansion, and you also have no idea what it would take for them to justify not making 10.0. You’re just making claims that you really have no real data to have a say in. If you ask me, they probably have already spent plenty of money developing 10.0 before anyone ever knew about the lawsuit. Believe it or not, they do think these things through ahead of time.

Wow isn’t as popular as it once was, but it is so incredibly far from not being profitable I think it’s an insane conclusion to say they may not make the next expansion. Another thing to consider if you actually think that is why would they go through the trouble of firing and finding replacements for the people they fired? Just to cancel the next expansion? I think any reasonable person knows it is a far stretch to claim this is the last expansion they will ever make.

I was only a d2 and d2 lod player back in the day, I think the play style isn’t my thing anymore so never tried d3 in any form. But just think it’s interesting the rumor or facts what have you of higher ups basically telling team 3 to move onto immortal/d4 and that Morhaime released whatever they had planned for a 2nd expansion as free patch content.

The higher ups treated it as a colossal f up with it’s main reason being lack of steady revenue I think if certain sites are to be believed.

Yea but they aren’t Activision which is the parent company of Blizz. Activision isn’t going to make expansions if they can’t maintain millions of Subs. They would never make a new expansion with Everquest player numbers. Activision will just end the project and stop making expansions if WoW isn’t going to be a contender for top MMO. Activision has a if you aren’t first you’re last mentality.

It’s possible that subs might dip below 1 million for SL and that is not a number that will make them continue on this story. The Blizz Name, the WoW title has a bad stigma about it that won’t go away anytime soon. Activision won’t make expansions if Subs are going to be below 3 mil and there is no player retention. They just wont’.

1 Like