WoW - Numbers don't lie - Bellular

Take a look at this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToaLY0DF2gY

In depth analysis of WoW Shadowlands. I think they did a great job gathering the information.
What is scary is that all of this is before the revelation of the case.

183 Likes

Yea Bellular’s team is always spot on with the discussions.

Seems that WoW has about 1.2-1.6 million subs. With every in game metric looking catastrophic which was before both lawsuits. Definitely think the next expansion might be cancelled or rolled into a 9.3 in this game and they will call it.

87 Likes

1.2 million subs is a min of $15.6m a month of $187.2m per year just in sub. Add in cash shop, token sales, and people not on 6 month subs? Also SL sold 3.6 million box units on day one. That is at least $144m if people just bought the cheapest option and no more were sold.

43 Likes

But how many are playing TBC? o_0 dun dun dun For a fact know many who quit retail to go play that.

8 Likes

Games dead

24 Likes

Shadowlands was a massive failure. I can proudly say that I’m glad I didn’t purchase that garbage game.

69 Likes

Instead of working on his own game that he’s pretending to develop with his fake game development business. lol

30 Likes

Its always easy to criticize. I should start a channel. I got opinions. Who wants to hear em?

8 Likes

Op,I’m impressed by the details this does look depressing.

9 Likes

gotta respect the hustle

5 Likes

The only one I see whining is you.From the get go on all the salt ,keep shaking it.

57 Likes

I’ll take a hard pass on his pseudo-numbers and fake outrage that the followers flock to because god forbid people have their own opinion or even gasp like the game. [Let’s be honest, we’re all aware the numbers will never be as they used to so nothing new there]

We are having people trash some streamers who play wow and just go all nuts on people who remotely defend wow, it’s childish and kinda unfortunate.

24 Likes

Now…imagine…it used to be 10 times that per month. Think on that collapse…10 times the players to buy micro transactions, as well. Almost like the more you could buy, the less players were interested.

8 Likes

Logging into the airport is pretty depressing, as are tired WQs, horrible story telling, and convoluted systems…cause and effect.

13 Likes

And? These numbers are extremely bad but what is worse is the decline which definitely will make it hard for them to make “The Next Expansion” which does cost more than the price of a Sub to make. You act like the Sub money is profit, it isn’t. With everything looking extremely ominous and 2 big lawsuits it’s going to be hard to justify the cost of 10.0

We haven’t even figured out what these lawsuits will cost? 100, 200 or 300 million? Definitely rough times and during their worst products. Keep in mind everything is on fire too. Overwatch, Diablo, Hearthstone, WoW. If they decide to downsize they will.

14 Likes

Pseudo Numbers
WoW Armory
Mythic Data
Raid Data
Pick One

24 Likes

who cares?

imagine if people spent this much energy on productive things

15 Likes

Gives you a ball park, nothing accurate :wink:

I think his primary concern is with new material because that is what he actually makes his money from.

Blizzard would LOVE to see everyone pile into Classic BC and stay there, because the vast majority of the work was done and paid for years ago, but everyone knows that will only last so long before people have done what they wanted to do and move on.

The success of Classic and Classic BC is great for temporarily financial gains, but a bad sign for long term health.

I should also note that there is no way to know how many new players are entering… but logically, that number has been dwindling for years (or at the very least, it has not matched the number leaving).

6 Likes

I really think the people who sit on the forum all day throwing a temper tantrum actually think they are being productive with themselves.

16 Likes