WoW - Numbers don't lie - Bellular

Cyberpunk too. Is the game good?
It’s ok to Shadowlands having numbers worse than WoD’s if the game sold well?

12 Likes

And I KNOW you don’t know what profit is.

Um you do know that they sell the xpac and it brings in more money then most AAA brand new games cost to make?

This is made up balderdash.

SL is what is driving token and cash shop sales. 8 quarters of YoY gains. Maybe you don;t know what you are talking about?

and is up 3% for the year and rose over the last week.

Again made up balderdash.

7 Likes

Take a like for using that word.

2 Likes

He’s a Youtuber and he knows what brings in the clicks to get that ad revenue.

Though not all Youtubers require drama to bring in the views. A good theory or guy playing the most trolly GTA boards are a few.

1 Like

I mean despite the financial report flat out saying they are making money and WoW grew YoY for 2 years, he keeps saying they are losing money on WoW. it is like tinfoil hat government bugging our tooth fillings type stuff going on.

3 Likes

Then don’t comment on the thread and stop seeking attention

Amazing how many losers feel the need to make comments like this on every topic that involves a twitch streamer/youtuber.

22 Likes

WoW could exist with 1,000 players if you charged them 20k / month.

The trouble is that somewhere between your numbers (which are good numbers) and my numbers (which are near-impossible), things are going to break down and go terribly south… and WoW has been on that trajectory for some time.

And these numbers don’t even consider the lawsuit issues, which came later. These numbers might seem good in a few months.

To butcher a quote:
“How did your game die?”
“Slowly at first… then all at once.”

8 Likes

Very true, I gravitate to think people are trolling but when I peaked around on twitter comments, youtube comments etc [on stuff I’d just come across]… seems to be a prevalent shift in mentality with these folks that seemingly have this abusive relationship type thing with WoW but at the same time, somehow know all the facts even though it’s quite obvious they are wrong [for obvious reasons]

1 Like

Cyberpunk sold fairly well. CD Project Red made more money in that one quarter than they did the last 4-5 years combined before that.

WoW is 17 years old and the market isn’t what it was back when the game had big population numbers. The younger generation is interested in different games and there’s simply more competition on the market.

Shadowlands can have worse subs than WoD, but 50% more revenue. From a business standpoint… what do you think you care about? The green $.

Shadowlands is a financial success, but not well loved by the community. They’ll definitely be another WoW expansion because Blizzard lives off of WoW right now because they don’t release any new games. It’s their own created problem that they take 6+ years to release new games.

The only time WoW goes away is when it no longer makes enough money to justify its continued production or another game replaces it.

2 Likes

Eight straight quarters of YoY gains.

Which is not a WoW issue. It is mostly Blizzard, but also includes Activision in some of the complaints.

I would like to again remind you that WoW has sold over 3.5 million day one boxes for the last few xpacs. The level of doom and gloom is crazy level.

P.S. D2:resurected could be a 10m+ seller. Lots of buz on it right now.

1 Like

Really isn’t though. This isn’t going to end how you think it will. This is by far the worst spot Blizz has ever been in. Everything really is on fire and it will be interesting to see how they survive the perfect storm. I don’t mind watching everything burn though because maybe that will bring about real change and a good game some day.

I just am not sure Blizz will do what it takes to win back the player base. There will be cancelled bit titles from Blizz though. You are severely underestimating this situation. Next Financial Quarter is shaping up to be even worse than the last one. I got :popcorn:

I expect 2022 Blizcon to be cancelled and more of a downward spiral in the near future. Maybe 9.2 sometime in April 2022. It will be around that date we find out “IF” SL is the last expansion. Or at least have a better idea.

13 Likes

For a discussion forum, plastering in a video and assuming people will watch is silly. Least people can do is… put in a summation of what that angry pseudo-game dev is onto this time.

1 Like

Bellular just makes clickbait videos to milk money off the hate-WoW crowd because negative videos get 3-4x the views as positive ones.

Each video gives him between $1000-5000 so he’s just going to keep doing it until people get bored of it.

6 Likes

It’s actually kind of hilarious people believe this considering the last few expansions have sold millions of copies at what, $40 to $80 each depending on the edition?

5 Likes

:rofl:
Dude. you and your mob really need to go play something else if this is what you believe, I’ve seen this pop up by others on twitter, youtube etc too… or are you that addicted to the game. You obviously are still subbed.

Gamers who like seeing companies burn need help.

8 Likes

Back in the glory days when they could charge Asia $1 for 10 hours of game time and call it a “sub” in their quarterly report.

3 Likes

You don’t believe that WoW is making Activision Blizzard money?

1 Like

Shhh, hide even the quarterly reports from them.

2 Likes

And that’s still more subs than ESO, SWTOR and pretty much every other MMO, except maaaaybe FF14.

So why would they be killing their cash cow?

3 Likes

Even at the lowest 3.7 units sold they reported on launch that is still $144 million in box sales just from the lowest possible option. It could easily have been double that amount with total box sales and people buying more expensive versions.

2 Likes