WOW needs more diversity

Hey! You leave my threadbare bum at home clothing out of this!

And for this, I want inclusion. I want an X-homosexual male that sits at home scratching his parts, drinking beer and burping … somewhere in this game. My GF agrees, and my x-bf agrees too!

Sorry Buxy :(… I’m not being argumentative…nice Mog btw :smiley:

1 Like

And Soldier 76.

Never understood why the LGBT community needs representation like this. It feels so cringe when something is force fed just to check boxes off. The feels for all those conservative schools that need to be indoctrinated by story time from those with alternate lifestyles.

Why not focus on what is a compliment to the game instead of artificially propping up minority group representation to stand out in this age of wokeness?

9 Likes

Oh yeah nearly forgot about that. Always thought that was a weird one, but still neat to see regardless.

If it makes them mad they care. And in a bad way. Duh.

I thought irony was the opposite of wrinkly? :thinking:

I don’t know if it is neat…
It actually p-d off a lot of people if I recall right.
A lot of people played soldier 76, and didn’t want to anymore after that reveal.

Yongyea made quite a few videos on it haha

We don’t need representation, but snowflakes will snowflake.

The LGBT community of yesterday isn’t the same as the alphabet soup community of today and it’s kind of disturbing the turn it has taken.

10 Likes

Let me explain for you to understand.

They need representation because they weren’t (until few years ago) represented in absolutely nothing. And if you are straight you are acquainted to this privilege and that’s why it is difficult for you to understand.

3 Likes

I can respect that.

I don’t expect you to care about my problems. I wont care for you. You fight your fights I will fight mine. We can live in this world fine just like that.

1 Like

sound like a troll asking to include more of the LGBTJPGGIFHTML community

6 Likes

I like to think of Anduin’s sexuality like Schrodinger’s Cat. Where in he (the cat) is both gay and straight (alive and dead) at the same time (while in the box) and will permanently exist in that state until Blizzard directly states one way or another (opening the box).

Though. The oddity of that experiment is that to spite every other factor if given enough time… the end result will always be the same. You can draw your own conclusions as to how that relates to Anduin. :wink:

1 Like

The sheer ignorance of some of the people in this thread is astounding; I shouldn’t really expect a skerrik of cognizanze on a social topic on a Blizzard thread.

@OP If you want decent storylines with LGBTQ+ representation, go tinker around with GW2.

1 Like

Not really, there has been LGBTQ people always around so are you saying being “GAY” is a new phenomenon?

1 Like

Uh, yes there is. When you slip it into everything, just to put it there so you can act morally smug and self-righteous, when it doesn’t belong there, that’s called “forcing”.

In other words, “brainwash them”. Just like John Money wanted. John Money, the pedo psychologist who created the “trans movement” by starting the “gender identity” crap to begin with, using his blatantly false and agenda-motivated case-study.

And, what prey-tell, does that have to do with Warcraft? What does your political agenda, and using gays as human meat shields for your own personal glorification and attention grabbing, have to do with this game? At all?

12 Likes

Nothing to do with this topic, but for years. I always wonder why my husband would sing the baseball song, when he saw a gay person. It took me a long time to figure it out.

In the wise words of Peter Griffin, “OMG, who the hell cares?”

7 Likes

The truth is that many characters are not “gender orientation” specified.
You in your mind think all characters are straight but if you think about it, the Orc in Classic cinematic , the one that swings the mace and looks though , he could be gay or bisexual, could even be a trans, how do you know a lot of the character are straight if you have never seen them having a love scene?
It is your mind OP that is set to straight, if you want you can see them all as being part of the LGTB community, maybe Thrall is bisexual off camara, it is all about RP, use your imagination.

9 Likes

Well the internet is new and so is “social justice”.
I don’t think it was as widely accepted in the past as it is right now.

In fact Allen Turing was:
Turing was prosecuted in 1952 for homosexual acts; the Labouchere Amendment of 1885 had mandated that “gross indecency” was a criminal offence in the UK . He accepted chemical castration treatment, with DES, as an alternative to prison. Turing died in 1954, 16 days before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning.

He is the guy that made “turing tests” for A.I. and the like…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
more there on him

I remember Tholo Whitehoof and Anren Shadowseeker having a very strong bromance going on Hyjal, to the point where it was potentially more than a bromance. Even way back in Cata I was thinking they might be a couple.

And where the hell have Asric and Jadaar been? I’ll tell you, there’s a real chance that their bickering moved to the bedroom, and Blizzard can’t show that without giving WoW an M rating.

I’m being slightly facetious by the way. My official stance is I’m cool with Blizzard introducing characters like that, but I don’t really care if they don’t.