WOW needs more diversity

Sure, Blizzard gets to decide what’s appropriate. Considering this thread has been flagged AND restored MULTIPLE times, i’m going to assume that means blizzard is okay with this thread being made.

Yet you keep flagging it despite the forum mods giving it the A-OK, meaning you’re trying to silence me

Adding stuff for Diversity, for the sack of diversity just ruins it. Just look at what they are doing to doctor who ever episode this season has be awful aside from the first one and the tens mins with Jake.

There will be tons of new customization options in Shadowlands.

/thread

1 Like

That’s not exactly true. It’s nice to be able to see characters you can identify with on certain things. So that brings another level of immersion and invests players more in the story.

Eeeeeeewwww…

wrinkles nose

The number of people trying to derail this thread and get it closed is just crazy.

Most people who want to see diversity in WoW, and any other media, don’t want it ham-fisted into the game.
I would like to see well written characters from various walks of life.

Obviously the well written part is asking a bit much in WoW, but if they can spend half of an expansion on Thrall and Aggra, with a literal wedding and apocalyptic baby announcement at the end of a raid, they could do a bit more to show us other things.

Right now everyone keeps touting some rando side NPCs that apparently only Alliance players saw in Legion as some big outreach of diversity.
Before this crazy thread I never knew they existed.

We have plenty of NPCs that the game makes sure to show us their straight relationships, so you can’t even excuse it away as “just a game” either.

People want to see representations of themselves in media, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Majority demographics have had that by default for as long as media has existed, it won’t hurt to give a little bit to other people.

1 Like

In rural area, those chili peppers are like the everbloom, they’re literally everywhere, backyards, the side of the road… There’s too many of them and we can’t fully exterminate them so the best we can do is to keep their numbers from growing. (Not kidding)

Hey it’s fully organic you know?

Pity I can’t really eat spicy things like that. Doctor’s orders. I have to be on a very boring diet.

You have no idea how much I miss flamin hot cheetos.

I really appreciate your well thought out and reasoned reply :slight_smile:

1/10 and that’s being nice

I live in a tropical country, nobody really cares about doctor’s order when it comes to spicy food.

If the chili won’t kill you, then you’re good to go.

The game has never ever been about anyones sexual orientation or relationships. Try and name me current relationships in the lore where both significant others are actually relevant in the lore? I can come up with 2? 3? So at that point why add this?

Because It would just be done as a PR move, and would just feel awkward because of it. Also their are a lot of single characters in the lore where we don’t even know what their orientation is. Just use your imagination.

Anybody know offhand how many NPCs are actually in the game?

Anybody know offhand how many of them have any sort of relationship or sexual preference defined in the lore?

Eh it’s a chronic pain issue.

Except for literally all the straight relationships in the game.

Loti and the Hexlord are married
Alexstrasza had a consort ( rip )
Thrall and Aggra
Tyrande and Malfurion
The tension with Tyrande and Illidan was brought up A LOT
Literally all the moms and dads as you quest

Had to google that one. I mean they can make irrelevant LGBT quest characters. But in the end would it really matter?

Which aren’t many to begin with lol.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. How about one or a few slice of flaming hot cheeto a day? Is that doable?

It would matter to a lot of people

Bulllllllllllllllllll crap there’s a lot

Okay… but I didn’t say relationships don’t exist. I wasn’t looking for a few examples. What I wanted was a count of NPCs vs. count of NPCs with relationships or sexual preferences in the lore, that I might say how much relationships/sexual preferences (as a whole) are actually portrayed in the game.

So you listed 6 examples. Are those the only ones? Gimme a full count. And how many NPCs are there? Thousands? Hundred thousand? That number has got to be pretty large by now.

Right… but how many actually exist in the game, vs. all NPCs?

Let me just cut to the chase and assert that ALL relationships and sexual preferences of NPCs have almost NO real exposure in the lore. That’s my assertion, based on my own anecdotal experience of playing over the years. My gut says less than 1% of NPCs have any kind of relationship status or sexual preference shown in the lore. But I wanna see some hard numbers to confirm nor deny this instead of just pull numbers out of my bum.

4 Likes

99.99% of people would over look it.