WOW needs more diversity

Yes, I know. But thanks.

Typical stereotyping you’ll see in these diversity threads. You should be ashamed.

What makes you think I’m full of fel? The way I’m dressed?

You’re a pig.

3 Likes

You dare assume the frog is french? Can’t just be a frog? How dare you!
He hops to the bar, the bartender gives him a beer and asks if he wants to order food. Frog says “no thanks, those two religion folks will be bugging me shortly”.

1 Like

Could be all that green gunk oozing from your fel horns that were surgically excised from a pitlord. If the sock fit let him wear it.

1 Like

But is it oozing from his sock?

This is WoWGD… we don’t want to know about any oozing socks.

Could WoW, and media in general, do a better job representing diversity? Yes, absolutely.
The thing with WoW is it is based off Warcraft, which is a rather old series. The primary writers and creators were a bunch of young, straight guys. They made something they thought was cool and that appealed to them at the time.

It’s hard for people to write and create things that represent views outside of their own.
LGBT culture wasn’t really as mainstream or accepted in media back when WoW released, and definitely not when the RTS series it’s based off was a thing.

Attacking people and accusing them of being anti-LGBT isn’t going to help further your goals just because they disagree with things you say.

OP, if you wanted a serious discussion about this issue posting it on the official forums isn’t the right place. Reddit would have been a better place. The posters there are more woke.

1 Like

You’re going to be really disappointed in the next expansion then.

Funny, because my name was Sockfullapoo until the fun police caught me and forced me to change my name.

Lasted from Vanilla until MoP before someone was upset enough to report me.

He (yes HE because his character is a HE so YES I am assuming his CHARACTERS gender not the player because his character is a guy) really STEPPED in it didn’t he?

ba dum tss :dancer:

1 Like

Problem is, most of the time, it is done to appease them.

Groups whom geniunely have peoples best interest in mind often get no notoriety. You whom does? The loud, annoying abnoxious ones.

3 Likes

Are you assuming he’s straight? He could be homosexual, but producing progeny because he feels it’s his duty to do so.

Based on your posts, it certainly looks a lot more like you hate straight people and are merely projecting your insecurities. I don’t think any reasonable person would mind the inclusion of LGBT characters, when and where they make sense to the story. Shoehorning them in for the sake of appeasement is where I reckon most people take issue.

Most sane individuals do not default hate another person in this day and age. But that being said, most people also do absolutely mind how individuals like you keep trying to shove your ideals in folks faces and try to engage in guilt / shaming tactics to induce acceptance. Ironically, instead of building your cause up it detracts from it.

Due to this, it doesn’t make people more eager to consider your ideas. Rather, it makes them want to tune you out. For a good example can be found in this example. I’m a person on a RP Server. I see everywhere I go people with TRPs that say “LGBT Friendly”.

This may sound strange, but I would submit that if you have to put something like that in your TRP, then by my estimates you are projecting and denigrating people within said community by singling them out. I say that, because being friendly to ‘all’ people, regardless of race, creed, gender, or sexuality should be the default expectation. It should go without saying that ALL people deserve respect.

All your doing when you put something like that there, is advertising, “I want a medal for being ‘tolerant’,” which is ironic, as you are actually showcasing your complete lack of tolerance and need to be recognized for your ‘good deed’. But I can prove this easily. Case and point, I fully expect to see in the next hour to see many examples of said intolerance arise; since I challenged the OP’s statement.

15 Likes

Lol no. People want good, well written characters that are more then a checkbox.

If the character has to cram their sex life down our throats all the time to even exist then its not a good character.

Tracer is gay. She’s a great character. But she’s not forcing it on every sentence.

3 Likes

You summed up everything perfectly. :clap:

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t. Nothing “NEEDS” more “DIVERSITY”.

3 Likes

And oh, the fan art. Thank you Internet!

Yep. Making who you “bed” with your entire persona/identity is literally the most shameless thing.

3 Likes

10/10 seriously…

please stop feeding it.

2 Likes