WOW needs more diversity

Ugh I feel so old now.

I don’t think your thread should be hidden. You are entitled to share your views and opinions. My issue is you are doing it in a troll-like manner.

1 Like

Nice. I see someone at Blizzard is deleting posts, hilarious posts might I add, in this thread instead of just killing the thread all together.

Those people are utterly insane.

3 Likes

Do you play this game, like at all? He may be retired now but every Thrall storyline emanates from Chris Metzen, who is the literal Zeus of WOW.

The community did not like my post of a realistic lgtbq whatever person :frowning:

1 Like

I hate that I’m biting, but…

People like the OP want forced representation when it comes to LGBT, and it ends up looking like an agenda. The fact of the matter is, there is normalcy in straight relationships, especially in an era of monarchs and heirs. It’s very similar to most fantasy RPGs. I’m not saying LGBT folks didn’t exist in that time period, but monarchs were expected to sire heirs and that was societal norms.

The issue that comes down to asking for LGBT representation is a character is then defined by their relationship. For example: Blizzard handled Tracer beautifully. It was a holiday, we follow the character trying to purchase a gift, and it’s revealed she had a girlfriend. Beautifully done, well handled. Consequently Soldier’s reveal was a travesty; it felt forced, like they just HAD to add in another LGBT character. There was no nuance or good lead up.

Forcing representation to have it will get us more soldiers; allowing a story to progress to the point it makes sense will make it seem less forced and that’s what we want. The more we force the ideas down people’s throats by demanding more get added in “because other games are doing better” just means you’re forcing or pushing an agenda. But requesting it or wishing for it is a passive way to tell Blizzard what you would like to see.

Edit: I say “we” as an even freakier freak of nature begins LGBT, but I’m still “technically” under that umbrella.

3 Likes

Blizzard could add in more LGBT characters, and chances are, most people wouldn’t even notice.

1 Like

“LGBT” isn’t a Borg collective, and you are not Locutus. “LGBT” is a Marxist “us versus them” political grouping to turn people against each other, using their differences as a wedge to promote hatred and envy of the “privileged”. Not all gays and lesbians are part of the LGBT political group, and you wouldn’t speak for all of them anyway even if they did.

8 Likes

In all honesty, I wouldn’t. I mean, I don’t read the quest texts anyways. For all I know I’ve been furthering the cause of the LGBTQ+ community all along by killing murlocs.

2 Likes

Not sure why you draw the connection to twinks. The term is for “twinkling armor” from former rpgs with glimmering gear on overpowered toons. I guess maybe the term could be an inclusive decision for some reason, but no one would know. Also, twinking is back because people would rather be fodder than wait for 45 minute queues without them.

Are you sure you meant literal and not figurative? Because I’m pretty sure WoW does not actually have such a title.

It’s a meme.

They were making a play on words, double meaning.

I think you’re lost OP. The Overwatch forum is available if you want to force an agenda.

2 Likes

Anren and Tholo from the Molten Front say hello. They are the gayest couple I’ve ever seen, and inter-species, no less.

1 Like

Right, that’s why it’s not LITERAL. If you don’t know what literal means, please look it up.

Google the word “twink” and see what you find. I’d wait until your home though.

I can think of plenty of characters that don’t have a defined sexual orientation, who’s to say they aren’t LGBT?

did you just assume ALL the characters sexual orientation? How dare you OP.

2 Likes

I think you are the one that is pushing your strait-only agenda on everyone else. I can’t believe this forum won’t let me write the word het-ero without the dash.

1 Like