WOW needs more diversity

Please keep your politics out of the game. I don’t want or need to know the sexual orientation of ANY character in the game. Whether a character is straight or gay or trans or whatever doesn’t add to the story.

2 Likes

But to people like you EVERYTHING is discrimination…stop obsessing over yourself.

7 Likes

This.

Thank you.

7 Likes

who was the imbicle who flagged this post? why do u flag anything relating to LGBT?? I do not understand the logic. I agree with OPS position. That doesnt mean you have to report it. Get a brain please.

1 Like

Feel the hell you want. But act respectfully is a duty, you have no choice.

So should they remove the whole story about thrall being married than? We don’t need to know that he’s straight.

I think I see where you’re coming from. But, my point is that’s not how you make good characters. You don’t go “ok I need a gay guy” (at least you shouldn’t and is what the OP is advocating). You start with, protagonist or villain or supporting character and define them based on strengths and weaknesses. For example: Batman was not created because someone said “oh we need an orphan!” And Blade wasn’t created because “ooh I need a black guy!” They are not defined by their identity, their identity is part of what makes them interesting.

There’s a difference, and far more often than not, when someone makes a gay character “bc muh diversity” that character is a bland empty shell because it wasn’t developed and exists only to be a statistic for virtue/identity signalling

4 Likes

Oh, sure. Drag Queen storytime totally isn’t a “thing”. Or “Desmond is Amazing!”. Yeah, it totally isn’t being pumped out in an attempt to indoctrinate people into the “correct” way of thinking and believing, while ignoring the severely negative side-effects like the 42% higher suicide rate than any other group in the country. Also, love the conflating of gays and lesbians with the genuinely mentally unwell, really shows how much you care about them!

“It’s sooo hard being oppressed, especially when the establishment is on MY side! (sips lemonade)” - Rockstar.

9 Likes

Who says being married to a woman means you are straight :rofl: Maybe Aggra is a beard :rofl: :rofl:

They can flag it all the want, this post has been hidden like 3 times already and has been restored by the forum mods just as many times

oh my gosh /facepalm… Well if people don’t agree with every mode of life then they must ‘hate’ huh? No… don’t think so.

Got a story for you:
Lived in the life for 12-13 years…found out, hey, wasn’t for me. Didn’t work - wasn’t really my thing, but I did that for however many years. So… does that fit into the LGBTQ classification? Kinda’… so if I don’t agree with it, does that make me hate you? No… don’t hate you. Just don’t understand the rallying cry for inclusion in every single thing. People just can’t be people… gotta scream it from the rooftops. Gotta yell until everyone agrees and if not they’re automatically Satan.

No… my friend, doubt people hate you - just, not everyone is going to agree with every single thing and want to see it in their life. Doesn’t mean that people can’t love other people (and I mean a phileo-type love in this instance)… but no I don’t even want it crammed down MY throat!

5 Likes

Actually, modifying your “gender” in anyway would technically add you to the LGBT group, so I hope you are okay with being cut out of the WoW storyline because, you know, “we don’t need your agenda pushed on the unmodified mechagnomes.”

1 Like

Oh look, this thread again. Honestly, it doesn’t really matter what sexuality the characters have. Just tell a good story. Put in characters that are straight, gay, lesbian, w/e. It doesn’t really matter. What I don’t really want to see, is a character that shoves it in our face expressly for the purpose of “inclusion.” That’s just tacky. Make it a part of the story.

That’s what always gets me about these threads. On one hand, absolutely I want lgbt characters for a more expansive character set. On the other… I’m really tired of people branding companies as “not being inclusive” or “not getting with the times” or just outright acting as if the company is bigot’d because they haven’t put in some specific real world attribute.

It’s a video game… cool it with the over the top hysterics. (not specifically directed at you OP, but others who’ve made similar threads)

3 Likes

I would be totally good with that so long as people stop trying to force their sexuality in the game.

6 Likes
1 Like

People that throw a fit about this subject want characters made LGBT. They don’t want three dimensional characters who happen to be LGBT.

They want that to be their entire identity. It’s obnoxious and not how diversity should be done.

8 Likes

I sense a lot of closet cases.

2 Likes

These demands should be backed with actual work… write/draw/model your concept, story, art, etc. Stop being lazy and demanding free labor.

I think the real problem is that homophobic governments, such as China, try to suppress any type of homosexual references in media. And the last thing Blizz wants is to be kept out of that huge market.