WoW killed itself for raiders over 7 years

He’s not even worth it. Dude parses greens as a tank in heroic and hasn’t downed kt or sylvanus.

A gem that provides a DPS boost for 20 seconds doesn’t perform as well across a 5 minute single target fight. Whoa, what an exciting revelation.

Do you even know how M+ works?

lol. Why take a shot when literally the smallest google search and website query proves you’re talking out of your :peach:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/sargeras/sentenzah#difficulty=4

Not that I even particularly care about tank parses (and only literally just got my blood link this week so my other parses have been gimped out).

Sent, he has, in reality, put in far more effort to this conversation than you have. He’s run viable sims and compared gear pieces.

The takeaway is that you’re really not going to suffer by only doing your form of content. I’d just take that as a win

2 Likes

They’re not though.

Even the most favorable sim for what you want the data to show only has it as a ~2% delta favoring the domination gems. Dungeon Slice has it as a 2.2% difference. 1:30 patchwerk with 4 targets has it similar.

That is not gamebreaking at all

Yes, it was an error for me to use patchwerk in regards to M+ (I don’t sim M+ because I’m a raider and am used to doing raid-oriented sims, so that was my default sim choice) but the total result is still only a couple hundred DPS no matter what sim you run.

You outgear the content.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/sargeras/sentenzah#difficulty=4&bybracket=1

37% overall is green my guy :joy:

Imagine actually looking at ilvl parse. lol.

They seem viable enough to me. At least to the extent that skill will play a far greater factor in whether you clear the 23 over the 22 rather than a domination socket. Every little bit helps, sure, but based on what I’m seeing, you don’t need to consider your gameplay experience ruined if you choose not to mythic raid

He’s also correct that most if not all mythic raiders will run m+. The more hardcore mythic raiding guilds will literally require its raiders to run m+, especially in the first few weeks of patches

1 Like

Ilvl parses are what show your actual ability when not over gearing the content.

The fact you go from a 77.9 over all to a 37.7 overall shows a lot my guy.

He’s correct, no one looks at ilvl parses. They’re a meme.
Better you learn this now than later. Don’t ever cite ilvl parses

Saying group content is always harder than non-group content is stupid as it’s obviously not true. Which is easily apparent to anyone who plays the game. Even a small child could comprehend this.

Actually he’s not. Anyone recruiting seriously looking at logs will look at both

While relying on only ilvl parses is dumb the reason you look at them is to see if someone is playing their class properly rotation wise

To have that far of a drop shows that while he normally parses purple it’s more because of gear and not actually maximizing his damage properly.

It actually is which is why solo content doesn’t reward higher ilvl than group content.

You’re wrong again.

Why even respond again? You got-got. Nobody looks at ilvl parses for anything.

So the best possible M+ gear is outclassed, by 2%, by stuff you can grind out from heroic PUGs? Of course that’s going to feel bad. Nobody wants to replace their Vault piece from something that drops off Heroic Terragrue.

And people grind Korthia and Venari for smaller DPS gains than that. Regular gem sockets are less than a 1% DPS increase and people grind and whine about those all the time.

Anyways, the biggest M+ gem isn’t even a DPS gem. It’s kyr. They literally just nerfed it by 50% again in PvP because it’s so strong that even with it previously nerfed by 50% it was still being used in templates. It’s insanely good, and it isn’t nerfed in any way in keys, and gets insane value because keys have a lot of incidental damage in this season (as well as burst damage).

I mean, this is the same argument that raiders got killed for when they didn’t want to grind out LFR for those trinkets back in MOP… to which you now use against us when you say we’re all entitled and greedy. Same deal with Benthic gear, where we got BIS raid gear for turning over rocks and collecting crab shells.

Realistically though, you can grind domination gear from those vendors, get the gems from Normal/LFR, and still get the gems you want equipped without actually taking any serious foray into raiding.

And as the sims I put up kind of show, if you really, really don’t want to raid… you can just grind out the rergular sockets and offset most of the DPS loss by not having the domination pieces.

If you don’t want to do any of those things, then that’s just… I mean it’s your own fault. You have to know you will have to try to acquire certain upgrades. This game has never been made in a way that you can be fully optimized by doing a single game mode.

(Also kind of ironic that you are now arguing about wanting to be totally optimal given how the Covenant conversations with you went months ago… but, different subject for a different day :slight_smile: )

Because nobody looks at JUST ilvl parses because they can be exploited by wearing lower gear to maximize your parse.

Ilvl parses are used in connection with parses because like I already said as a comparison to people of your own ilvl to see how you’re performing.

When you go from a purple to green over all it’s just proof youre parsing purples because of your gear and not because you’re actually any good.

The only thing that got “got” is you. Now you have been proven wrong by 2 people.

^ You are here.

It’s not ironic. I choose to gimp myself out by playing Kyrian. There’s a big difference between that and it being forced on a group of players.

Sure. Last patch, in 9.0, the best weapons and a number of strong other pieces came from the final boss of Sire… and it was totally fine.

However,

A) That was kind of established before that the last few bosses would have higher ilvl and was accepted. And it wasn’t a chore - killing Mythic Sire took work, so it wasn’t something you’d just “do on an alt” in the first place.

B) There was a finite cut-off. A few weapons, trinkets, and other pieces from the raid were tangibly better and that’s it. This system allows for even further encroachment of raid gear into other forms of content beyond that.

This system just introduces a chore to do on your alts. That sucks. It’s not earning some kind of reward, it’s sinking a bunch of time into content you don’t respect.

Just so I shut this down, this is me:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/alexstrasza/stefania#difficulty=4&zone=26&bybracket=1

You can shut up about green ilvl parses now, lol.

Using Wikipedia as a source rofl.

Reach for the stars because you’re absolutely delusional

I still don’t know what making the game alt unfriendly has to do with raiders.

Alts benefit raiding guilds tremendously. Why do you think that the decision to make alts more difficult to play was something done to satisfy or appease the raiding community? Why do you keep attaching that to us & these conversations?

1 Like