WoW killed itself for raiders over 7 years

not mythic.

there was a dark time in WoW’s history in Cataclysm when 10man was made equal with 25man. it lead to a 92% mortality rate of 25man guilds.

i was a recruiting officer during those dark times.
it was the only time I quit wow. and the only reason.

Yeah and 25 was changes to 20. And wasn’t 10m harder than 25 cause they didn’t adjust mechanics requiring so many actions? Like wyrm breaker took the same number of kicks as 25

in many places it was tuned unevenly.

players only remember the cases where 10mans were harder. those are: Sinestra. Sarth.

Some notable the ones where 25mans were significantly harder that 10man raiders forget:

Lich king: had 3 adds that had to be stacked, as opposed to ONE ADD in 10man. which… didnt have to be stacked on itself lol.

Al’Akir: Paragon did it with some of their team out of combat for half of phase 1. Space limits.

Wrath was notable in how easier 10 was that Blizz made its gear worse to encourage 25 runs

1 Like

and in wrath it worked. note i stated cataclysm is where the high mortality began.

People are laughing at you. You’re dead wrong.

Dead right or dead wrong, either way you’re dead.

Do you mean legacy dungeons? I thought you meant current mythic dungeons.

They just kept putting obstacles in the way of Mythic raiding and eventually you realize you are spending more time doing activities you hate rather than the part of the game you want to play.

You say you know what actually F this game…and you step off the hamster wheel and realize you are free.

Wow killed itself when it made the same mistakes expansion after expansion.

3 Likes

I used to love raiding. Might end up back there since they butchered pvp. back to full blown scaling. They have to many systems. pvp will never be pure. It was close in s1 but I hope they put all their eggs into the raiding gearing and content this next season. if we have a next season.
I dont know they seem pretty proud of themselves they slapped timers on dungeons and called it mythic+. raiding content has probably gone down since then.

Raiding isn’t about the hamster wheel.

It’s about doing stuff with other people that you enjoy hanging out with. That’s why you put up with the endless wipes and all the other nonsense.

If it was the about the hamster wheel only the small number of hamsters would enjoy it.

This is part of why most raiders consider themselves casual players. They really aren’t in it solely for the purples.

is that what you call your ‘band’ of rejects?

The hamster wheel is doing all the stupid chores everyday I don’t want to do to be able to raid.

1 Like

Not lying sunshine.

You say that yet solo players already have access to heroic level gear and they still arent happy.

The amount of posts by solo players complaining about Korthia and the heroic gear it gives for free is evidence enough you wont be happy without bis gear for no effort.

You literally aren’t required to do any of it in order to raid.

Wow…heavens. Some people just see what they want.

Btw - this whole players against other players & playstyles – and everybody wonders why Blizz can’t tread a straight line.

We’re playing the same gd game?! Ya know, GAME? Other real persons?

3 Likes

Korthia gear is by all means Normal (current max 226, eventually 233 max) and without shard slots at that, so in performance it falls below equivalent raiding gear by at least 10 item levels when in the Maw.

Heroic is 239/246.

Straw man argument if I ever saw one.

Most casual players would never ask for current season max item level and could care less about every slot having optimal secondary stats. (But being able to obtain as many competitive pieces as possible, so that we can choose secondary stats if item level is the same, would be ideal.)

All gear in Korthia is very RNG dependent, even with daily quests, so you cannot really target what gear you get and how long it will take. The problem is not that I do not want to put forth effort, it is that Korthia is not the kind of effort I think players should be expected to make as a primary source of gearing.

3 Likes

If WoW is dead then it is undead.

This proves you are a troll. No one with Korthia gear does no effort. In fact fully upgraded korthia gear takes more effort than i suspect you could ever give. Far more than any raid.

3 Likes

The difference is one group wants free gear with no effort.