WoW killed itself for raiders over 7 years

I dunno. I fall sleep in raids all the time, maybe just a personal preference.

1 Like

Bull . When LFR was announced i LOVED the idea, i thought it would be normal raiding with a queue system and i always run tons of alts so i figured iā€™d benefit from it.

Once i played it i realized it was a neutered version of the raid with no real challenge and the inevitable toxic nonsense of a queueā€™d group without responsibility. Outside of ā€œforced queueā€™sā€ (fishing for legendaries in Legion) iā€™ve never done LFR since.

there you go again, off quoting a group of people who youā€™ve made up yourself and apparently live rent free in your head.

Indirectly, yes.

Korthia was the elitist development teamā€™s answer for those who wanted power progression through casual, open world, or solo content. (See Preachā€™s interview with Ion.)

Elitist high-end-content streamers praised Korthia for being an option for casuals, while also commenting that they would never want to do it themselves. (See various streamers comment on 9.1 PTR content.)

The problem with Korthia is that the currency and rep grind is too extreme, while rewards are highly dependent on RNG and much time wasting. Previous expansions allowed people to earn Heroic-ish gear by doing targetable activities with reliable rewards.

Korthia (and 9.1 overall) just proves that Shadowlands developers were not willing to change their tune on gear elitism. It was probably originally conceived as Stygia 2.0 for raiders to grind out sockets and conduits.

2 Likes

I donā€™t raid mythic, but we should get AOTC. I have no problem with LFR. Iā€™ve even done some in the past to fill in conduit and memory gaps. I think itā€™s a good system that lets people see the content without needing to join a more dedicated raid guild.

It used to be that you could tell a raider just by looking at them, but those days seem long gone.

Iā€™m looking forward to Pantheon to see how this works in this day and age. On one hand Iā€™m excited about going a bit oldschool again, but on the other Iā€™m not sure how realistic it is for me at my age with my responsibilities either. I just canā€™t dedicate the same amount of time I used to.

Then why am I wearing half M+ vault/valor pieces like every other raider in the game that hasnā€™t been 10/10M for 3+ weeks?

It isnā€™t incorrect. You are speaking on a theory. I am speaking on reality. M+ loot is literally fine.

The chance at an upgrade diminishes every week for EVERYONE, not just the great vault. It is the same deal in raid.

That is why someone who only does one will always be at a disadvantage against those who do both. The reason raiders iLvl is typically higher is because they almost always do both.

2 Likes

This depends what rewards youā€™re looking for. A ton of players do not care about the conduits or sockets and are only there for mounts and achievements, which are a very easy grind.

Easy gear acquisition obviously isnā€™t as pressing of an issue to the large majority of the playerbase otherwise it would be addressed more frequently. Stop thinking your desires represent the broader audience and you may get somewhere.

What are you doing?

1 Like

Shadowlands gives free normal and heroic gear to solo players as it is.

What it really is that solo players want is free max level bis gear for logging in.

Itā€™s not going to happe.

It kind of sounds like the OP is mad he is not getting endgame gear from non endgame content? Why do you need 252 gear if youā€™re not progging in Mythic SoD or pushing +20s? What do you expect to be the reward for doing end game content if itā€™s not endgame gear?

It wasnā€™t just the weapon. The Badge and Insignia were BiS trinkets for a ridiculous number of specs in PvE content. Itā€™s part of the reason arena boosting became so popular. You canā€™t whine about player choice in how they want to gear and also whine about PVP vendors/gear getting nerfed in PvE content.

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s easy. I still have yet to see Fleshwing mount after like weeks and weeks of killing him daily.

The drop %s arenā€™t the difficulty though. What I mean is anyone can do them, they donā€™t take a lot of time, and thereā€™s frequent respawns so you can do them whenever. thatā€™s what I mean by easy.

To say thatā€™s elitist-driven content like the other guy said is just wrong

ya fair enough.

The conduit/socket grind is terrible tho. I do wish theyā€™d increase relic drops a bit.

1 Like

The main value of Korthia for me now is to send an alt from each covenant there every day to make sure there arenā€™t any daily quests with transmog rewards.

Otherwise, 9.1 is a break patch for me until my sub runs out. (Had to get the pretty birdie mountā€¦.)

If 9.1.5 introduces Torghast gearing, or some other gearing system improvements, I would be willing to come back.

1 Like

To some extent this is true. But the fact is that those in charge of future design do not have a finger on the pulse of any segment of the playerbase. Even when they try to satisfy raiders they do inexplicable things that piss them off.

The work that went into PvP gearing is the opposite of ā€œdevelopment progressā€. Rating-locked ilvl is a system that was rightfully abandoned numerous expansions ago by devs who explained at the time why it was bad for PvP. PvP participation has fallen off a cliff, and the minuscule changes they are making in 9.1.5 are unlikely to bring back any players who have quit the content or the game entirely.

The complaints were that people who didnā€™t deserve gear - because they donā€™t do progression - were getting crap gear they didnā€™t deserve through easy content. The rewards were never relevant to raiders, but some of them felt the appeal of vendor value for useless gear to be irresistible.

You think you have thousands of close personal friends but you donā€™t.

3 Likes

I agree that the rating-locked upgrade system is bad for PvP gear, and think that there should just be Honor and Conquest gear without upgrades, both earnable in unranked PvP. However, getting that PvP vendor finally after Legion and BfA felt like progress.

We donā€™t have official numbers, but from my experience it is much harder this patch trying to find players to do rated PvP. One of my PvP communities is even doing SoD runs now instead of rated BGsā€¦.

you know iā€™m right. itā€™s okay. you canā€™t win them all. certainly not against me.

They did for a while. Surprised me when i got a few out of deadmines. But then they changed back.

Stop lying. No one wants that. We know you THINK everyone wants it, but no one does.

1 Like

10 man still exists?