WoW is coming to GeForce Now (cloud streaming) per datamine

Can you please stop trying to turn the WoW forums into Twitter? Do you own stock in them or something?

We don’t need that trash here.

1 Like

Blizzard can do whatever they want. The End User License Agreement does not apply to them.

What does this even mean?
pay $20 PER 8 hours of game time? lmao
I’ll quit first and laugh while Im giving my money to ESO instead.

1 Like

I see…its $20 a month…8 hours session, but down in the fine print it says you can start any number of sessions per day.

• There is no set limit to how many times a member may start a new session in a day. Performance dependent on device type, settings, network quality, and more.

Must kick you if you play 8 hours straight or something and make you relog…something …

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/memberships/

Thats cool.
And if it causes me more irritation than I currently have with WoW I can unsub and give my gaming $$$ to some other company that doesnt annoy me.

There are more people playing Arkham Knight than there are playing Suicide Squad :rofl:.

I tried out the free version and it was pretty good (just to test). It felt like I was playing on my own computer. Free version is only 1 hour though so you have to log back in to keep playing every hour.

Yeah…Arkham Knight is actually a good game. It had a rough launch with a lot of technical issues but once you got past that (and they were eventually fixed) the game itself is great.

If you have good internet*

Which I imagine the majority of people do not have. I’m in California, and my internet is the best my area can get and it can’t even support Playstation Remote Play.

You’re going to have insane input lag if you don’t have like 10 MB/s up. My download speed is great, but my upload speed sucks.

It has insane latency too. The people that say “it’s just like playing on my computer” are either clueless or lying. I saw people shilling for Stadia back in the day. I’m glad that scam got shut down.

No real lag in shadow gaming. I play destiny 2 pve/pvp on a NVIDIA Shield Pro ($200) thats hardlined to a 50Mbps connection with a normal ping of 25-40 in a speedtest. I push it to my 65" 4k with everything maxed on graphics at 60Hz. Typical ping rate in game is 30-60 depending on time of day just like anything else.

I do hardline my keyboard/mouse and xbox controller back to the Shield Pro. I’ve tried to use wireless stuff and WiFi at different times in this setup and I was disappointed, so i just hardline everything and it all works great.

I am seriously excited that WoW is coming because the second it does, my desktop will be stripped down and sold. No more expensive video cards or ram or MOBOs or anything else dealing with personal computers. I LOVE my Shield Pro and will continue to happily pay for the highest tier account because it would take about 5 YEARS of subscription to offset just a 4080 video card, not including all the other stuff that goes in a personal computer.

If it’s not fiber internet then you do not have the best ISP

Because fiber internet gives you the same speed upload and download

I said the “best in my area.”

We can’t get fiber here.

you pay a subscription, I do the $100/6mths or whatever it is. And you get access to 4k gaming on whatever machine you want to run it on. I use a NVIDIA Shield Pro thats about the size of my hand, that is hardlined, pushing my 65" 4K at 60Hz on max graphics. Yeah 8hr session limit… it doesn’t really matter. Session ends, you log back in on the highest tier. The lower tiers, no clue, I never used those, they seemed like a PITA.

I see it as a cheap way to game at highest resolution and at the limit of my monitor/tv. It quickly replaced my gaming desktop for playing world of tanks and destiny 2. I hadn’t even turned on my gaming desktop for over a year till a friend asked me to come back to WoW and play with him a few months ago and I was forced to fire it back up just to play this game. So I’m extremely excited for WoW to drop on this service… bye bye desktop… i have zero use for you.

2 Likes

You’re in California the most tech crazed cities and you don’t have fiber internet? That’s ridiculous.

Jacksonville Florida is the most generic city that have only what one sports team (Jacksonville Jaguars) while all the tourist attractions are either in Tampa Bay, Miami, or Orlando.

And it have fiber internet out here. Something’s not adding up right.

I am maybe mis understanding? I’ll have to pay over $30 now for wow a month?

No you’re not

GeForce Now is a service provided by Nvidia that let’s you stream, either 4k ($20 a month) or 1080p ($10 a month) games over a cloud service.

It’s optional but if you have say a 4k monitor, you could play WoW over the cloud streaming service, with the best graphics as possible, without the needs of having a expensive computer

1 Like

Oh I see lol I was confused for a sec. But that’s normal for me.

I’m in a small coastal city in the very north, surrounded by mountains. They charge us a $1 gas tax because they claim transporting gas here is expensive.

The government screws us over in every way lol.

We didn’t even have higher than 5 MB/s internet until a few years ago.

Our landlord charges us like $150 anytime they have to drill a new hole in the wall to put something in too, which sucks. X_X

And I literally just double checked via google. The fastest internet available in this city is 300 MB/s Wifi from AT&T, haha.

You don’t need any of those in order to play WoW tho.

Same. :point_up:

Even when it comes to console games, i’m like that.

“But Bari—” Saving $70 every week 10 Weeks part time gives you a decent PC if you can do a bit of budgeting, PC doesn’t stop you from spending quality time with your children, and you can learn this all under 30 seconds from just casual googling from your phone. I heard all the excuses. :raised_hand: (This isn’t for you Vralok, people just want to be lazy over basic knowledge sometimes.)