WoW is coming to GeForce Now (cloud streaming) per datamine

Hey I get it. And I get the convenience angle. I don’t fault anyone for accepting and celebrating that. I certainly have done with all the other media I stream. It is absolutely mostly good from a basic user experience.

But we are putting ourselves at their mercy. Like you said yourself, if they turn of their servers we lose everything. Or even if they simply “update their library” and arbitrarily remove stuff. We are now starting to see that dark side of it. Streaming services fragmenting, and splitting up content more and more. The jacking up of prices and introduction of ads, even when paying a sub. The removal of games, or shutting down of servers, even for games that aren’t that old. And there isn’t much we can do about it.

That’s your choice, but, convenience always win. Today you have CD/ DVD, but tomorrow? It’s the normal flow of things, happened dozen of times trough our history and will happen again

If I don’t have CD/DVD I will just sail the high seas for all my media. No issue with that whatsoever.

It was available briefly when Geforce Now first launched and it played pretty well.

1 Like

Everything comes to good, has the evil side. Streaming cames with the purpose of playing in anyplace, anytime with any specs. Games are becoming mainly digital and some of then, GaaS.

Nope…“live service” games are dying out. Because they were unsustainable. Dozens have been shut down and every new one that’s come out recently has been a complete failure.

Imagine paying $20 for 8 hours each time you want to play. That money could go to rent-to-owning a PC that is fairly good. What a waste of money.

2 Likes

Dozen bad live service games. See Fortnite, Fall Guys, Counter Strike, Valorant, Sea of Thieves, GTA Online and many others.

The Suicide Squad game that just came out is legit one of the worst games made in a long time. It’s irredeemably bad and made that terrible Avengers game look like a big success. After all the negative feedback, WB doubled down on it, and are losing a ton of money as a result.

There are some junk AAA games being launched, so with this I can say all AAA games are bad and are dying?

Don’t believe the hype and get overly excited about this…

“Live services” suck by their nature because they aren’t designed to be games. They’re designed to be stores, with the “game” being a bare minimal effort skinner box designed to drive everyone to the store.

2 Likes

good news…long overdue…imho.

Didn’t Microsoft also signed a 10 year contract with Nintendo for Call of Duty?

If they can sign that for Call of Duty, then they can sign a contract with Nintendo to stream the game onto the Nintendo Switch if they wanted to.

Just saying, nothing is off the table now.

Let the console doors open!

imagine Mario cart on the pc
nintendo would make a killing in the pc market

If Microsoft wants to stream their game they can do that.

Yeah, I haven’t tested it where I live now, but when I lived in California I tried it out on my PS4 and it really didn’t work well because of the lag, and that was for single-player games…so I’m pretty skeptical as well especially for an MMO

That is possible, through ahem unofficial channels.

Well the golden rule… he who has the gold makes the rules.

That would be Microsoft now.

I’d not be surprised if more such rules changed this year.

I used to swear I would never subscribe to a game and here, 13 years later, I’m still playing WoW.