WoW is coming to GeForce Now (cloud streaming) per datamine

:+1: :+1: :+1:
thanks for the detailed info.
it sounded too unbelieveable when I first read the post up there, lol.
The website kinda clears it up a bit.

biggest problem, that people dont talk about enough, is the monthly traffic cap that many inet providers have. and the 4k game cause tons of traffic.
i couldnt do that on my xfinity internet. already now getting close to the 1200gb monthly cap. /sad

1 Like

oh…I kinda wondered but didnt think this was going to be that kind of issue.
Im on unlimited for now, but my provider is talking about capping our account too at some point…well, everyones account. I actually havent kept in the know…they maybe already did it and I just didnt see the memo.
that would be a serious problem because we stream a LOT of video thru the month. If my games eating up too much too I think I’ll have to find another game.

looks like its up to 16GB data download per 1 hour gaming. assuming high resolution.
that adds up quickly.

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:
please tell me youre just joking. lol.
Data cap or not I wouldnt subject my provider with that kind of traffic for a game.
And there are two of us playing a lot of days, lol.
I can play WoW right now thru my cell phone connection and it doesnt eat up a ton of my data. No way Im ever using that kind of service so I hope they never do that with WoW.

well that service is just an additional option.
you can still play the way weve been playing for years with a local installation

2 Likes

oh thank god. lol.
I mean, our PCs are new. just got them end of last year or so…late summer I think maybe.
Theyre mid range gaming rigs so I dont really need much more. Especially if its gonna eat thru bandwidth like that.

me probably - I can’t stand the fan noise when I run on high graphics so I usually keep it below 5. If I can do this on trial I might try it. Although $20 per month is a bit much.

1 Like

There is no cap for gigabit speeds and beyond (Otherwise you’d cap yourself out on a single speed test)

The extra lag isn’t noticeable, I am playing CoD with the cloud gaming and even in that fast paced gaming environment it works fine so wow would be completely fine as well. At first they didn’t have many servers available so the lag was noticeable but they have quickly expanded and added a lot more server locations and now you won’t even notice the extra lag because it’s like 10-20 extra ms, it might be higher depending on where you live but if you’re relatively close to one of their server locations you would be 100% fine gaming on it. I think most people are more concerned on how would addons work.

They have a ton of servers now and the extra latency is minimal, I have been using it with CoD and the severs are saying I have as low as 1 or 2 ms, obviously my true ms is higher because that’s not taking into account the cloud gaming from my pc to Nvidia’s servers but the delay is basically nothing, I am able to play CoD Warzone no problem so even in that extremely fast paced environment it still works fine so wow would be completely fine. It’s probably adding an extra 1 to 10 ms because the Nvidia enterprise level internet infrastructure is insanely fast.

1 Like