WoW is coming to GeForce Now (cloud streaming) per datamine

Take Boosteroid as an example, I don’t think they had/ have any deal with Blizzard and some other companies, but the game’s still present trough Installation mode (Not official partnership)

It may be best, but I can confirm it’s still not perfect. No notification for it this time. I was just checking back in manually :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I did a trial of the highest tier to see if I could get GW2 to work on my '21 16" MBP (M1 Max).

Sure, it worked ok I guess. Every time I’d do open world events though (which usually have a hundred people or so running around) the lag was HORRENDOUS. Not hardware lag, just like the server couldn’t keep up or something.

Blegh. Didn’t work for me. I’d never use it again. Maybe it’ll be better for WoW?

Also the time limits on play are weird, and you have to sit in a queue to get in sometimes.

1 Like

I will never use streaming for any reason. It’s a scam to try to remove game ownership entirely. My games run locally on my hardware or not at all. I will absolutely die on that hill, and get another hobby before I ever consider streaming.

6 Likes

i dont think wow is moving to cloud streaming
due to people need have to pay 2 subs
and the only source i looked up was the reddit page with out a way to translate to English.
and this is a rumored datamined

You play a game that runs only online, if Blizzard turns off the main server, everything you did will be gone

2 Likes

Yeah but an mmo fundamentally doesn’t exist without being online. The industry has been and is still trying to make it the norm for all games. And it’s not for our convenience.

A game being available on GeForce Now doesn’t mean it’s exclusively on GeForce Now any more than it would be exclusively on the XBox GamePass thingy or whatever. It’s just another platform on which you can play the game if, let’s say, you’re on vacation away from your PC and want to play the game on a cafe PC you can log into a GeForce Now account, log into your WoW, and play without having to install it :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

I’m not talking about an MMO. Of course an MMO requires a server. But the CLIENT runs locally on my machine.

For a long time we had CD/ DVD, they’re gone. For a long time we had blockbusters shop, they’re gone. Now, the same movement is happening with games, this is what it is, convenience always wins

Yes, but it’s a slippery slope. A very dangerous slippery slope.

1 Like

Well… yeh that I can’t disagree with. The entertainment industry on the whole is moving toward services that will nickel and dime you until someone steps in with regulation.

Nope, DVD’s are still alive and kicking. You can get anything you want on DVD still. Usually have to go amazon, but still. In fact, I will only watch shows either on DVD or by sailing the high seas. I will never use streaming services.

Until you ISP goes off or you sub ends

and thats one way to get the account hacked

1 Like

Yes, I understand that an MMO requires an internet connection and a server. An MMO fundamentally cannot exist as an offline game. WOW is not the same as streaming.

It was only an example :dracthyr_shrug:

In a general perspective, if you analyze the numbers, the majority are already on stream services. It’s much better to take a Streaming service to watch something and done.

You cant use addons, so most people would consider this useless.

3 Likes

Will never consider that even for a second. I’m not paying for digital media without a DRM free download. That leaves me with the choice of DVD/Blu-ray or sailing the high seas. I do not care what “the majority” are doing. I’m not a lemming, and I’m not jumping off of a cliff just because everyone else does.

1 Like