WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

Please dont be a simpleton troll, both games have good points and both have bad aspects.

Funny, i meme and be funny all the time in game and forums and nobody is ever upset over me or suspended me. :thinking:

2 Likes

Two games with different goals.

They both have their positives and negatives.

Though lately with how WoW is going, it’s negatives are overwhelming it’s positives and with the stuff that’s been going on at Blizzard behind the curtain lately it’s unfortunately not going to get better. UwU

2 Likes

I played it, and it’s a solid game, different, but just as good as WoW, with a great single-player campaign while leveling.

But I don’t have the time or will to commit to another MMO, so I couldn’t get into FF14, I’m too invested in WoW.

This part I didnt like at all. Running Satasha for the 1000th time to cap your currency got boring very fast.

I think WoW has way more depth and love in their story than XIV but that maybe cause this game is been built for forever but still. I don’t like the fact I’m being pulled by what was originally, a 16-year-old elf dude and some rando’s that I felt like I had no impact on. I’m just there. Only HW and SHB had good story expansions and really? No one really blew up about the games story until SHB released. They finally made the Scion’s more likable and stuff and actually did anything. I hated the poster girl, Y’shtola forever because she was so bland up until like the end of SB to SHB, now I love her.

Ffxiv is the kind of game you can just drop for a year and come back without having to struggle that much to get caught up. The content is well designed but there isn’t much of it at a given time. There are basically no endgame systems beyond the daily time grind.

Wow is always my primary mmo because I like the longer progression path and the content design.

1 Like

Covens, Conduits, Ripcords, Botters, Multiboxes, Griefers, Nerfs, pathfinders, shards, Horde Bias, Alliance bias, horde vilain bat, alliance play dumb, borrowed power, retcons, Syl simps and freindly warcraft comunity.

Yes. With all this, warcraft is certainly better than FFXIV.

2 Likes

I liked FFXIV but it felt like playing on Moon Guard all the time.

I left Moon Guard for a reason…

I both agree and disagree. There are thing I love about FF that aren’t in wow, and thing I love about wow that aren’t in FF.
Since I played wow longer I tend to always migrate back here no matter what I play tho. Doesn’t mean it’s better. Just means its habitual.

WoW has a lot of catch-up mechanisms. I’ve quit WoW for a year and easily caught up.

I don’t see any contest as necessarily between the games. I play both - and ESO. ESO’s events are so much better than either WoW or FFXIV’s.

you can catch up, but you’ll still miss out on the content when it’s relevant. In FF it’s a bit less of a problem because everything is synced and the roulettes help find groups for whatever content you want.

1 Like

Easily the worst part of FFXIV is the base game, once the expansions start it’s an entirely different world.

You don’t miss out on any content in WoW. And the content was boring so trust me, I missed out on nothing!

Hahaha no only your opinion

I mean FFXIV is the number 1 mmo for a reason. Not sure why you hate it, but lets not compare wow to it ok?

FFXIV has faster content, better content updates, and better community. Blizzard does not compete with them. Wow is ok sure, but they are not beating FFXIV with the current team they got.

3 Likes

What do you mean by “beating?”

No. They’ve dumbed down healing and tanking jobs significantly. Their playstyles are slightly different now, save for GNB.

Though, I will say, liking WoW’s story over XIVs? Damn. Maybe I’m just jaded after 15 years of awful WoW story to think that’s a hot take.

1 Like

? just by being the top mmo.

When wow has bigger content releases at a decent pace. They will start becoming better, but FFXIV dev team. The amount of content they push out. The patches they have wreck wow in every way.

3 Likes

“started playing FFXIV”

and my friends felt the same way about WoW. They both play FFXIV and I tried to get them to play WoW, they “started to play WoW” up to lvl 20 and got bored and left. Checkmate OP, you can never find “enough fun” at the start of the game.

And yes, just like WoW, you do not have many skills at the start of FFXIV. That should be understandable, gets better late on. I play both and love both games tho.

Other way around, the story in FFXIV is x1000 better then WoW’s ever will be. I don’t feel anything for lost characters of WoW cause we have to read NOVELS outside the game to understand them. In FFXIV, you don’t! They become important through ingame story, not outside novels.

6 Likes