WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

How many brand new people are playing WoW though?

About as many as play FF14 like this guy? What a weird question.

IDK yotsuyu’s story got me

2 Likes

The rest was boring, mostly because Lyse is an annoying character.

sure, I mean if I had to choose id say heavensward was definitely better, but I would be lying if I said I didnt enjoy stormblood.

1 Like

I mean my list is:

1. ShB
  2. HW
  3. SB
  4. ARR

but the difference between 2 and 3 is vast.

Well, my girlfriend is new, no looms, no bags, nothing and she’s been enjoying the game with me.

It’s really only because I try to let HER play the game. I could get her looms and bags but then she won’t get the satisfaction of progressing to that point herself.

So I see your point but I’d say the experience is pretty fun for a new player if you let them play themselves. [With some guidance if they need it lol]

So… you’re proving my point?

You’re there with her, no doubt helping with gold and advise and such. My very first point was you start ALONE, since all the friendly people have hit max level and are doing that content. The simple fact YOU are there is the difference, heck she may only enjoy it because it’s something she’s doing with you.

I met lots of people there who were very not nice and I don’t have trade chat even activated so not sure where you got any of that from. I only mean that things are more lively around here. :upside_down_face:

That’s what MMO’s are about… playing with others?

If you start an MMO with no one and don’t try and find a group of course you’ll be less likely to enjoy it.

But she plays without me and I don’t need to help her much since she hates when I tell her more than she asks. Plus I run into new people now and help them too if I can. That’s what keeps new players playing in my opinion.

Just started

Well there’s your problem.

You keep telling yourself that.

1 Like

I wonder if forum mods have to work overtime on a Monday because of threads like this piling up during Sunday.

I agree for the most part, though FFXIV has it’s charm and some people love that.

1 Like

Not really, they only have to deal with the first 2 pages or so, the rest die out on their own.

Besides their software flags certain words that make it even easier, i imagine it’s 15-20 minutes of clean up for 1 guy monday morning who’s still enjoying his coffee.

1 Like

I’ve made the same mistake. Hope you recover from your loss as I have.

For my personal preference, I’m playing FF14 for RPG story in single player mode, and playing WoW for character progression as an MMO.

2 Likes

People are nice in 14 out of fear of being banned.

I play both, and while they are both MMOs, they also have completely different concepts in how the games play. There are some aspects in each that I enjoy.

A few simple example:

• I really enjoy fishing in FFXIV, much more than WoW.
  • I like how they give value for even experienced players to do older content, with the daily queues.

On the other hand

• the flex raiding in WoW is why I’ve been able to have so much more fun with friends over the last couple expansions.
  • The M+ scene provides that small group growing challenging concept which I also love.

In the end, they are different games, each provide their own awesomeness in life.

5 Likes

FFXIV is hardly better than WoW… the amount of loading screens itself will turn someone off if they are coming from WoW