WoW Is Better Than FFXIV

I’d agree, but competition like this is good for both games in the end.

Otherwise, why would they ever need to try and improve?

I think wow’s combat is miles better. I think wow’s world is better. I like how the wow community isn’t such a scared safe space like 14.

I will say 14’s story beats wow ALL day and twice on Sunday.

At the end of the day gameplay wins.

2 Likes

They both have their merits.

1 Like

anime art style in games belongs in the garbage, because 2d is the only excuse to keep everyone having the same generic face

That’s like crazy ironic coming from a Blood Elf lol.

5 Likes

elves aren’t anime

The fact that some people in this thread are saying that FFXIV’s overall much nicer and less toxic community is a negative is hilarious to me.

15 Likes

Lol wut?

3 Likes

…tolkien

Not a goofy Blood Elf. Boy, you are more anime than most anime lol.

6 Likes

I know exactly what you mean! The few times I tried to get into FFXIV and failed, whenever I can back to WoW I felt relieved and happy to back among all the dry, crass wit and heated debates. It feels more honest and real. At least to me.

And for anyone who might be curious, I can’t seem to get over the hump of tedious story based leveling in that game… and the lalafel and elezen are creepy to me. The map is strange and and hard to read. There are too many OOC immersion breaking cash shop items and the forums are flacid with a dash of whiny.

I did like the music, armor sets and crafting however.

i’m feeling a bit of compensation for a game’s artstyle being fundamentally boring

I agree, Blood Elves are boring.

1 Like

it’s okay, you can spend a little more time coming up with something else to say

1 Like

Why? You’re a Blood Elf, you wouldn’t understand much else.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean anything. A LOT of stuff in FFXIV is inspired from western fantasy, does it not make it anime-like?

“People were too nice and I couldn’t insult others freely, bad game! Also no pointless politics braindead debates in trade chat, 0/10”

8 Likes

see how this is going nowhere? it’s because although i’m attached to this game and its story, i’m not intertwined with my character, so i don’t get insulted.

elves aren’t inherently anime was the point

1 Like

nothing really is inherently anime or even cartoon

1 Like

Nothing is ‘‘inherently anime’’. Anime is simply a word used for japanese animation.

7 Likes